1970 AMX

Skypilot68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found my AMX on a dealer lot back in '81. Traded my red '78 Firebird Espirit straight across for it. Still has the orginal 360-4V engine with the Hurst 4-spd on the floor. Not many options on it but still rare indeed. Only 4,116 built that year. Color is called Bittersweet Orange Metallic but for DMV records it's listed as Copper colored. Remounted 14" Rally wheels on F70x14 Goodyears RWL tires and called him "Arthur" as that movie with Dudley Moore had just came out when I bought it. But it's been sitting too long in the garage and with 112K miles on it so needs a restro..been slowly collecting parts when I'm ready in the pocketbook to have it done. Had it up to 140mph during it's heyday.

Attachments

• My 1970 AMX..sweet! 001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 338
Nice car, I love Bittersweet Orange. Heres a half dozen of a few AMC cars of ours, my Grandpa had a Rambler/AMC dealership back in the day so AMC is in our blood.

Shed036.jpg

:rock::rock::rock:very sweet:rock::rock::rock:

Previously owned a '69 Javelin SST Big Bad Green during my Air Force days during the 70's..might of seen me cruising Riverside, CA back then..With that 390 and 8-track tape deck..had loads of fun. Later bought a '69 AMX with the 290 4-spd..sold that in 1982 and bought my current '70. People usually ask whats an AMX?..you know from AMC I reply..AMC?? whats that??...I just smile..for us AMX owners know the secret.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back