1995 Viper

kickinv10

Reaction score
ok i have to ask. im stuck between a rock and a hard place. i currently have an 06 inferno red ram srt-10 rc. is it worth trading in on a 95 viper rt 10? or should i wait it out and see what i can do in the beginning of the new year.

i can tell you this you wont be happy if the car is stock

my truck aint that far off either....i always wanted one but i dont want to lose my truck for something im not goin to like and regret bc its older

truck = slow
viper = fast
with a GenI viper you can cut the cats out, buy 98+ GenII headers (stock) and cut the resonators out of the cat-back and pick up 25rwhp...all the will set you back 500 bucks.

kickinv10 said:
it would be my daily driver to and from work except on bad weather days and weekends

as long as you can park somewhere safe, it will get alot of attention

Keep the truck, a GEN I Viper is no good for a DD. Even if you drive it on "good weather days" you will still want to keep it buttoned up for the possible rain shower and the top and side curtains on it at all times, let alone anytime, is no good.

If you want a DD Viper get a GEN II GTS. Looks like burntrubber has a dandy for sale....

Last edited:
kickinv10 said:
ok i have to ask. im stuck between a rock and a hard place. i currently have an 06 inferno red ram srt-10 rc. is it worth trading in on a 95 viper rt 10? or should i wait it out and see what i can do in the beginning of the new year.

Sence you had to ask i'd say keep making payments on the truck.:rock:

You have a great, comfortable, fast, practically new DD.....IMHO I don't see the value of trading for a 15 year old car that will ride like a brick....I love Vipers, but as a DD, the Ram takes the cake....

96-99 GTS... Why? 00+ (excluding the new ones) are cast internals as we all know to well :(

Of course if you are keeping your truck a RT is in play, GEN I or II. I do not like early GEN I for this reason, which is really petty, the antenna is on the rear fener. Mid 93 and newer is in the windshield. Find a 92 or early 93 and take a look, yikes!

92-94 Vipers had head gasket issues, so it is best if they have been replaced and is a selling point if it has been done. Cost for gaskets were around 1K (Just for the gaskets). Someone on the VCA recently had some aftermarkets made finally, intro price was only $200 but they said it was going to go up.

If you want the best performing GEN I or II get a 97-99, leave 96 out, it was sort of a "in betweener".

Last edited:
kickinv10 said:
what would be a good year to look for if i wanted to get one without trading in my truck in then?

genII coupe, maybe a red 97GTS..i know a guy in tucson, az looking to get rid of one for like $30k...its in good shape

94rt10ohio said:
96-99 GTS... Why? 00+ (excluding the new ones) are cast internals as we all know to well :(

the pistons in a 00-02 gts are better than the GenIII motors, you could run a roe with 5# for ever on one of those engines...just cant handle much more...98&99 have the best cam...over all i believe 96GTS's have the best built motors.

I traded my (heads/cam) truck for a 97 GTS with Roe S/C. There is no comparison. The truck was great and I loved it but the Viper is KING. I would not go back. (Sorry).:rock: :rock: :rock:

ViperTruck2933 said:
I traded my (heads/cam) truck for a 97 GTS with Roe S/C. There is no comparison. The truck was great and I loved it but the Viper is KING. I would not go back. (Sorry).:rock: :rock: :rock:

Tends to turn a few more heads as well. I have never been flashed in my truck, but see plenty while in the car :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back