1995 Viper

94rt10ohio said:
96-99 GTS... Why? 00+ (excluding the new ones) are cast internals as we all know to well :(

Of course if you are keeping your truck a RT is in play, GEN I or II. I do not like early GEN I for this reason, which is really petty, the antenna is on the rear fener. Mid 93 and newer is in the windshield. Find a 92 or early 93 and take a look, yikes!

92-94 Vipers had head gasket issues, so it is best if they have been replaced and is a selling point if it has been done. Cost for gaskets were around 1K (Just for the gaskets). Someone on the VCA recently had some aftermarkets made finally, intro price was only $200 but they said it was going to go up.

If you want the best performing GEN I or II get a 97-99, leave 96 out, it was sort of a "in betweener".

GenI R/T10's are 92-96, GenII GTS's are 96-02 & GenII RTs are 97-02. GenI's have a heavy wieght engine, GenII's have the lightwieght engine(primarily 96-99 ((GTS's)))...the PCM is best on a 96 because it is less restrictive and throws no codes when mods are done, also dodge went thru great lengths to make sure bearing, fasteners and installation was down top notch on 96 GTS or lightweightengines...making them the best built IMHO.
99 the interior gets better, and 01 starts ABS.
as far as fastest...Jamie Furmans 96 GTS 11.73 1/4 time in a stock car has not been broken for a GenII car:D :p

94rt10ohio said:
Tends to turn a few more heads as well. I have never been flashed in my truck, but see plenty while in the car :)

well that says it all. i havent either in the truck. time to get a car. lol

you have a very rare vehicle,rarer than the vipers...IMO keep the truck:D

I am in my third stick rc viper,the first two they let me drive off the lot,without finalizeing the bank loan,two chicks on coast highway in the first one I had gave me a show one day that was the only time. keep your truck:D

yea im thinkin i might hold back til the new year and see what my new job has to offer me when i get out of school

kickinv10 said:
yea im thinkin i might hold back til the new year and see what my new job has to offer me when i get out of school

its tough for a daily driver, but make no mistake it is 1000% better than the SRT10 ram...the ram is a joke compared to the viper...just ask LoveThisTruck, SRTBrad, Halligan and a few others I raced when my car was stock:D
A stock viper vs a RC with headers, catless, magnaflow and a stage II from 40 mph I was able to put on about 10 car lengths(if not more) by 120mph;)

yea i did some deeper searching the other day and found a 08 acr i think....it looked badass with a big ass wing that had been wrecked....im kinda thinkin about gettin it and rebuilding it....that way i can make the motor the way i want to make it

ViperTruck2933 said:
Just wait till you race them with the 10# pulley on there. :burnout:

:rock: :rock: :rock:

i am lookig foward to it:rock:
but i guess i will have to go from 3rd or 4th gear...with the 5# i sipn 1st and 2nd to much:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back