1st Dyno ever...

Texas Yellow Fever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I'm going to try to get this upload to work...I dyno'd my junk the other day and ended up with 440 HP and 484TQ. Hennesey said if the truck had been cool (drove it to the shop) it would probably have been 10HP (or so) higher. I've never done that before, everyone seemed pleased with the results given my mods, but I wouldn't really have any idea...it sure sounded good wide open though...LOL!!! I have a video of the run that I'll try to figure out how to post tomorrow.

Last edited:
Very nice numbers now get that vid up!!!
Texas Yellow Fever said:
OK, I'm going to try to get this upload to work...I dyno'd my junk the other day and ended up with 440 HP and 484TQ. Hennesey said if the truck had been cool (drove it to the shop) it would probably have been 10HP (or so) higher. I've never done that before, everyone seemed pleased with the results given my mods, but I wouldn't really have any idea...it sure sounded good wide open though...LOL!!! I have a video of the run that I'll try to figure out how to post tomorrow.

figure the wing cost you 20 rwhp as well....

I will say one thing....you have the most "powerful looking" motor on the board...that yellow pwdercoat is perfect....

Nowwhat said:
figure the wing cost you 20 rwhp as well....

I will say one thing....you have the most "powerful looking" motor on the board...that yellow pwdercoat is perfect....

Thanks Mike...I'm way not done yet....more to come.

Steve, I wanted so bad to be there to get a possibly once in a lifetime chance to see your Yellow Baby dyno'd at Hennessey. Unfortunately work hindered that effort. I also didn't get to properly say good-bye to you and your lovely wife. She is a real catch to actually come down here and endure us guys raving about these beasts. You are only 5 hours or so away so I anticipate the honor of meeting with you again. You're a great guy Mr. Holden and I hope as many members here read this and learn that if they didn't already know. I hope you didn't burn up I-45 too much on your way back up to Dallas. Until another time sir... see ya.:shakehands:

Venom Power said:
Steve, I wanted so bad to be there to get a possibly once in a lifetime chance to see your Yellow Baby dyno'd at Hennessey. Unfortunately work hindered that effort. I also didn't get to properly say good-bye to you and your lovely wife. She is a real catch to actually come down here and endure us guys raving about these beasts. You are only 5 hours or so away so I anticipate the honor of meeting with you again. You're a great guy Mr. Holden and I hope as many members here read this and learn that if they didn't already know. I hope you didn't burn up I-45 too much on your way back up to Dallas. Until another time sir... see ya.:shakehands:

Thank you Anthony. The pleasure was ours, we really enjoyed meeting you. Lauri had a blast and we appreciate all that you did to make sure we got around and did some fun stuff. We aren't that far away as you pointed out, perhaps next time you guys can all come to Dallas. It's only about 4 hours, with a stop for gas and pee, just watch out for the speed traps...LOL!!!

you have good #s on the dyno.....looks like you have the right combo setup. witch computer are you useing, you have on your listings that it is a stage 2 is that the B&g one???

fast fred said:
you have good #s on the dyno.....looks like you have the right combo setup. witch computer are you useing, you have on your listings that it is a stage 2 is that the B&g one???

Yes, that would be the one. It's a mind toune though I think, it's for 91 octane. I need to get it redone for 93 which is what I use always.

i also have that one(b&g)from d c perforance, i was told mine is for 93 octane... here in n.calif.its all 91octine but it runs good.......got to get mine to a dyno someday...

fast fred said:
i also have that one(b&g)from d c perforance, i was told mine is for 93 octane... here in n.calif.its all 91octine but it runs good.......got to get mine to a dyno someday...

It doesn't ping at all?

i am not as good with words as vp , but i could not put it any better awsome people , lotts of fun . hearing your beast fly past us on the freeway was very cooool , sounds very very goood had a great time was a honor

greatone61 said:
It doesn't ping at all?
no pinging at all now...and i do drive my truck very fast as often as i can and yes i'm hard on it....(i now have 14,200 mils on it in one year)...after i put the headers and k&n on it the ping went away,but i only had a ping when i was pulling a long grade at high rpms...(just flooring it for shot times(say1/4mil) never had a ping).....

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back