1st NASCAR RACE... And I almost get tagged

SnakeBite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my buddy totally hooks me up with $1000. luxury box Nascar tickets for the AutoClub 500 at California Raceway this weekend. Open bar, fully catered, 20' behind Tony Stewart's pit crew. If you've never been, you have to go. TV does this event NO JUSTICE! Im talking Huge HP, Screaming LOUD race cars going balls out for 250 laps. You have to see & hear it to believe it!

Anyway, were leaving and theres about a 200' long tunnel at the gate 6 enterance/exit, so I let the the guy ahead of me get a nice distance apart, I drop it into 1st as I creep to the tunnel entrance, drop the hammer lay down a good 50' of rubber and come screaming to the end of it like.... well, Dale Earnhart JR exiting the pits, to the delight of a large crowd near the exit and one Riversde County Sherrif's Deputy on his MC.... Opps! He looks likes he's just as surprised as me when he realizes its a pickup truck making all the comotion (yeah, either that or what kind of dumb ass does this right in front of me?) he blips the lights and siren as I roll up and he stearnly tells me to CALM DOWN AND DRIVE SAFE! Yes Sir, Sorry Officer, Thank You Officer.... Luckily it wasn't one of the many CHP's there, or I would have been impounded and strip searched... not necessarily in that order.... Damn, that was a close one :D .

PS. I've never had so many people stare, point and give me the thumbs up while in my truck than that day.... Cool folks, who love racin! I'm definetly a fan now!

http://www.nascar.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2007/cup/0702/gallery.cali/

Ummm.... I'll take the dumbass for $400, Alex! :D

NASCAR Events are a blast! It's not just the sounds and the sights, but to fully appreciate it, you have to SMELL it too! Burnt rubber and Hi-test fuel!!

It's awesome!!!:rock:

Dumbass over come by Testosterone.... I couldn't resist!

Next time I'll let you guys know I'm going and make a party of it.

Agree with mopower - go see an NHRA race when they come back to Pomona. You don't know what loud is until you hear Top Fuel/Nitro funny cars leave the line. You can literally feel your internal organs vibrate as they go by, the nitromethane burns your eyes and nose, and you'll be picking black boogers for a week from the tire smoke:rock:

RatMotor said:
Agree with mopower - go see an NHRA race when they come back to Pomona. You don't know what loud is until you hear Top Fuel/Nitro funny cars leave the line. You can literally feel your internal organs vibrate as they go by, the nitromethane burns your eyes and nose, and you'll be picking black boogers for a week from the tire smoke:rock:

I'm getting a chubby!!!

I went to the drags in Pomona when I was a kid and remember that. It was cool as hell. I'm defenitly going to catch that soon as well.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back