2,000HP Nissan GTR!!!!!!!!! New King....

Same car ran a 7.70 quarter mile record, 0-60 in 1.5 and 0-100 in 2.76..........

That sh#t is amazing. The top end acceleration from a tiny V6 is just unbelievable. I saw several GTRs at the last Chicago half mile and they were amazing. 217 mph in a half mile - it was crazy. An $80k car with another $100k in mods and beats all other super cars.

And street legal, they drove it back to the hotel after the Texas beatdown on all the Lambo's......

And street legal, they drove it back to the hotel after the Texas beatdown on all the Lambo's......

That's cool but after watching Larry Larson's Chevy S-10 go 6.11 and drive all those miles on the road anything turbo can be built for street duty.

That's cool but after watching Larry Larson's Chevy S-10 go 6.11 and drive all those miles on the road anything turbo can be built for street duty.

The hard part is staying off the go pedal, that's where the abuse on the driveline takes place.

Larry was very clear about his truck being a pseudo street car. That GTR is a legit street car, complete with stereo, A/C, etc. They really aren't comparable, IMO

Larry was very clear about his truck being a pseudo street car. That GTR is a legit street car, complete with stereo, A/C, etc. They really aren't comparable, IMO

Ageed....but EVERYONE has there own opinions about what a street car is. Some people think once you cage a vehicle it's no longer a street car.

And it's a 3.8 V6.......Whats in the S10??????

Found it, 620 cubic inch twin turbo purpose built for racing vs. built 3.8 V6(232 cubic inch) TT??????????? How are we comparing this????????

Last edited:
Found it, 620 cubic inch twin turbo purpose built for racing vs. built 3.8 V6(232 cubic inch) TT??????????? How are we comparing this????????
I think what Ralph is implying, he can correct me if I'm wrong, is that the GTR is more race car than street car. I disagree, but as he said, everyone has their own opinion about it.

I agree with caveman, Larson's truck is an awesome race car that is extremely durable compared to other race cars running the times that it can run. But make no mistake it is a race car, his nova you could probably argue either way. Seen some top alcohol funny cars running 5.70's the other day and it made me think just how bad ass Larson's truck really is being able to be driven track to track

I agree with caveman, Larson's truck is an awesome race car that is extremely durable compared to other race cars running the times that it can run. But make no mistake it is a race car, his nova you could probably argue either way. Seen some top alcohol funny cars running 5.70's the other day and it made me think just how bad ass Larson's truck really is being able to be driven track to track
I like Larson. He's a true hot-rodder, through and through. I'd argue that his Nova is a street car. He drives it to work, drives it on weekends, etc. I don't remember exact specs, but he's had the thing forever, started racing it when it wasn't that quick, and it just sort of evolved into the monster it is today. I also appreciate that he is up front about the S10 being a purpose built vehicle, made specifically to compete at Drag Week. Dude calls a spade a spade and I give props for that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back