2/3 JTSVP R/C Lowering Kit..What Shocks To Use??

VenomSRT

Reaction score
I've been searching for hours and couldn't find a complete answer on what shocks to run with a 2/3 lowering kit. My stock shocks seem to be worn and need to be replaced. So, I figured since I'm lowering the truck with Tony's 2/3 drop I would change the shocks as well. I've got cost on the replacement Bilstein shocks, but what else is there to use for our trucks besides spending $500.00 and up for Bilsteins?? I have a 2004 Ram SRT10 R/C. Also, does anyone know where to get new bump stops and bottom leaf spring (factory traction bar) bump stops??? Are their any alignment issues to be aware of??

Thank you

You can put any replacement shock that's for sports/handling and has to compensate for amount lowered. If not you will be bottoming shock out likely. Bumpstops can be had from Any truck parts place. Try 4x4 shops or guys that lower trucks. Alignment shouldn't be a problem. Good luck bro :burnout:

I just installed the same kit and love it.. Fortunately my truck only as 9000 miles on it so my shocks are still good.. But I did talk to Tony regarding upgrading my shocks. He said he had some aftermarket shocks that where a little pricey but sounded really nice. Didn't know if you where aware of this option.
I got a pancake style bumpstop for the front from tony, and just cut the back one in half for now. Ride is so much better than stock. The stock ride was sitting on the front bumpstops...crazy

I am curious though what after market shocks people are running and happy with too

QA1 is the way to go

Go with his billet custom made shocks.

I rode in a truck with them and wow! That's what's going on mine!

Yea, I spoke to Tony about his shocks and I'm sure that they are awesome, but for $2k or so... I think I'll stick with some new Bilsteins. I did some searching and looks like Rancho has shocks that will fit our trucks and some people have actually had great results with them. I know what you're thinking, Rancho...yes they don't just do 4x4 stuff. I ordered Rancho RS9000XL 9 way adjustable shocks and I'll let you guys know how they work out. Part #'s Front RS999281 Rear RS999274

How much are the Ranchos?

Installed the 2/3 kit from tony last night. The shocks worked great. I started with the shocks at halfway adjustment, but the ride is a tad stiff. I'll adjust it ti wear I like it, but other than that works fine! Truck looks great too...I'll try and post some pics soon...

Installed the 2/3 kit from tony last night. The shocks worked great. I started with the shocks at halfway adjustment, but the ride is a tad stiff. I'll adjust it ti wear I like it, but other than that works fine! Truck looks great too...I'll try and post some pics soon...

I am getting ready to buy that kit as well. Post some pics when you can.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back