2 week old 05 QC

rrushing79

Reaction score
Can I gut out my first set of cats? Would it show a code or will I have any more problems? This truck is a stock and I don't know who to talk or do to!

The primary cats are not very restrictive but the secondary cats are restrictive.

Leave the primarys on and you will have no emissions, or Check engine light issues

If you do anything with the front cats,then you need to address the rear sensors,and theres a few ways to go about it .................
1/ SCT Tuner and it will turn them off
2/ custom flash
3/ simms elec or mech.
4/ sparkplug foulers
5/ tie up to frame to ground out.

Last edited:
All the above are good advice on the cats so I will just welcome you to the club...look around and search...all kinds of good tech stuff here..:elefant:

FSTJACK said:
The primary cats are not very restrictive but the secondary cats are restrictive.

Leave the primarys on and you will have no emissions, or Check engine light issues

I can get rid of the second catz? And have no problems and dont have to buy anything? sweet 69, i have a 79 mustang muscle car 5'70's in the 8th.

Yellow venom 366 said:
If you do anything with the front cats,then you need to address the rear sensors,and theres a few ways to go about it .................
1/ SCT Tuner and it will turn them off
2/ custom flash
3/ simms elec or mech.
4/ sparkplug foulers
5/ tie up to frame to ground out.

Hey i like option 5 ... i can just cut out all 4 cats and just short the plug to ground?? and its all good? just to varify

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Hey i like option 5 ... i can just cut out all 4 cats and just short the plug to ground?? and its all good? just to varify
NO

The cats can be deleted, but the front O2 sensors are needed. The rear O2 sensors can be fooled via several methods. I was under the impression that tying them to the frame merely allowed them to read clean air, not short them out. I personally use the sparkplug anti fouler, and I have no codes.

tinygiants said:
NO

The cats can be deleted, but the front O2 sensors are needed. The rear O2 sensors can be fooled via several methods. I was under the impression that tying them to the frame merely allowed them to read clean air, not short them out. I personally use the sparkplug anti fouler, and I have no codes.

where do ya find the anti fouler?

Local auto parts stores carry them. A search of the forums will give you the part number.

SRT10VENOMOUS said:

NO that is noy what I said at all!,I did say rear sensors! NOT cut all 4 out and short any sensors out.! Ground them out,when the sensors are screwed into your exhaust they are grounded out NOT shorted out,so what I meant was when when some guys have tied them to the frame the side of the sensor would be against the frame making a ground,not shorting out.And all I was suggesting was there were 5 options of what has been done,obviously some are better then others,thats all I was doing was just passing on info so others know,and I mentioned to go with a SCT or custom tune to delete rear sensor reading so all would be good,just to help varify to cut back confusion.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back