2000 Expedition

toms89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My "lightning" powered 2000 ford expedition.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROiZ46V2KQg]Blown expedition 4wd launch - YouTube[/ame]

Just finished build this past summer and trying to work all the bugs out. Its a low compression build so it will handle some serious boost but only running 11psi currently. Hope to see more next season but have drivetrain concerns. Stock tranny, converter, transfercase..etc..:eek:

Im happy as it ran quicker than expected considering 5,700lbs and "only" 11psi.

Attachments

• Expy 001.jpg
    Expy 001.jpg
    638.4 KB · Views: 4,759
  • Expy 006.JPG
    Expy 006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,487
  • 7-1-11 004.JPG
    7-1-11 004.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 324
  • 7-2-11 04.jpg
    7-2-11 04.jpg
    644.9 KB · Views: 244
  • 7-4-11 003.jpg
    7-4-11 003.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 404
:rock::rock::rock:nice set up:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Yep... that thing pulls great from a dig... 4.7-5.0 seconds to 60... that will surprise a ton of cars!

My wife had an '00 Expedition that we did the "show" to, but no "go." Had the L front end, L 18" wheels (but taller tires than an L), painted rear bumper...it was a nice looking, riding, family vehicle.

I applaud your work on that thing!

And a big thumbs up to the Fox Mustang in the background. I had a '90 LX that I cut my teeth on as far as modding vehicles goes... ran 10.6 @ 134mph through the cats.

Yep... that thing pulls great from a dig... 4.7-5.0 seconds to 60... that will surprise a ton of cars!

My wife had an '00 Expedition that we did the "show" to, but no "go." Had the L front end, L 18" wheels (but taller tires than an L), painted rear bumper...it was a nice looking, riding, family vehicle.

I applaud your work on that thing!

And a big thumbs up to the Fox Mustang in the background. I had a '90 LX that I cut my teeth on as far as modding vehicles goes... ran 10.6 @ 134mph through the cats.

The stang in the back ground actually has run 10.44 @ 129 thru high flow cats on drag radials. I thought I was the only mustang running through cats..lol... Its kind of a sleeper but since its a stang it suprises no one.

The expy running in the 12's gets a lot more attention at the track than my mustang ever did!

Quietly idle up to line..no burnout..No one suspects a thing until after they see it run and launch.:D
Can't wait to throw some more boost at it..

How long have you had the Mustang? I wonder if we conversed on the old e-mail lists a decade+ ago. :)

Yeah, I loved being able to run as close to smog legal as possible. I did not have the smog pump hooked up after I built a forged motor, though.

But I'm in an emissions county, so everything I own has to have cats.

How long have you had the Mustang? I wonder if we conversed on the old e-mail lists a decade+ ago. :)

Yeah, I loved being able to run as close to smog legal as possible. I did not have the smog pump hooked up after I built a forged motor, though.

But I'm in an emissions county, so everything I own has to have cats.

Since 91. Have kept the same username forever so it is possible. Actually started "mustangracersclub" on yahoo many years back. Think it still exist but I no longer have access.:)

Think how fast it would be with a Viper engine in it!!

LOL

:fight:

If I had that kinda money I would dropped the Ford GT block, heads with twin hair dryers in it. Fit right in..:p

Anyways think I am in the ballpark right now hp wise with what I have and lots more to come. Its just getting started. Gonna see what this beast can do.

Last edited:
Nice set up, I like a sleeper vehicle, my first car was a 78 Monte Carlo, put a caddy big block in it. My friends laughed at me till they saw it run with all that torque.

Nice set up, I like a sleeper vehicle, my first car was a 78 Monte Carlo, put a caddy big block in it. My friends laughed at me till they saw it run with all that torque.

Some early caddys have 500 cu in motors right?? Talking about one of those??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back