2004 Mamba

BOOMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just thought you guys might appreciate this customers car we have here.
its a 2004 balck Mamba, they only made 200 of these.
we are giving it a 400hp bump.
its now got a Paxton, billet throttle body,complete B&B exhaust system, complete roller valve train, and next week will have the full KW race suspension package on it, and lower it down a bit.

Last edited:
Thanks Boomer, that's just what I need to see, more stuff I can't afford hehe. That's a nice ride, though I'm a little partial to coupes. I guess I would take it if they were giving it away though LOL.

ya nice ride .. my buddie has a 05 convertable mamba silver comes with the red accents in the interior and a big mural on the hood of a viper head pretty sick car..il have to post a pic wait this one might work.... hes got full race exhaust "no cats" short shifer , computer, cam , heads work, k &n from factory intake , stock 550 hp mamba .. it just flys ...

n510660585_28691_9764.jpg

n510660585_28725_6588.jpg

Last edited:
BOOMER said:
just thought you guys might appreciate this customers car we have here.
its a 2004 balck Mamba, they only made 200 of these.
we are giving it a 400hp bump.
its now got a Paxton, billet throttle body,complete B&B exhaust system, complete roller valve train, and next week will have the full KW race suspension package on it, and lower it down a bit.

I'm saving up for the C16 Callaway Cabrio. 616Hp and 590flbs. 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds.

Gary, that engine would look much better under the hood of my Viper.:rock:

Think your customer would notice if we swapped 'em?:dontknow: ;) :D

Hamrhead said:
Gary, that engine would look much better under the hood of my Viper.:rock:

Think your customer would notice if we swapped 'em?:dontknow: ;) :D
probably, he has that image burned into his cortex, he can tell if a plug wire is out of place;) :D

I would like to point out something to the do it yourselfers on the site.

Take a good look at picture 3. You will notice that the intake runners in the heads are taped over. That is the correct thing to do when you have the manifold off. Someone in the last week or two posted pictures where this was not done. I mentioned it, but no one took notice or replied.

Two things can happen when you don't do this. You drop something and realize it and then you may get the opportunity to remove the head. The second, and worse thing is you drop something and don't realize it. You then get to buy a new engine.

Learn from people like Boomer and Jack that post pictures of their builds. You may learn something that will save you a bunch of money.

Oh, by the way Boomer. It looks bitchin.:rock:

Silverback said:

Take a good look at picture 3. You will notice that the intake runners in the heads are taped over. That is the correct thing to do when you have the manifold off. Someone in the last week or two posted pictures where this was not done. I mentioned it, but no one took notice or replied.

Two things can happen when you don't do this. You drop something and realize it and then you may get the opportunity to remove the head. The second, and worse thing is you drop something and don't realize it. You then get to buy a new engine.

Learn from people like Boomer and Jack that post pictures of their builds. You may learn something that will save you a bunch of money.

you got that right john,one little mishap and it`s all over with.i allways stuff a paper towel in each one as soon as the intake is removed.:rock:

and allways blow the motor off with high pressure air to make DAMN SURE there is no sand and whatnot there that WILL fall in as soon as the intake is broke loose.

Silverback said:

I remember your post Silver.............it was in regards to a MSD wire installation.........I didnt reply but took note of it. I also noticed Boomer had taped up his as well.;)

patrick

Silverback said:

darn good point.
when i was 15, i was building my engine in my bike for a race the next morning. it was 2am.
i had just finished putting the engine backtogether and was in the process of putting it back into the frame. one of the last things i had left to do was install one of the carb throttle cable adjuster nuts. i had put a totally different set of carbs on it, (you know, the ones your buddy swear should make more power--"get those, no one really needs good tires, its all about power!!";)
and had to make a custom set of cables for them and i had to cut a slot thru a nut so i could get it over the cable, and onto the threaded portion of the cable adjuster. no big deal.............:eek:

my eyes are bleary, my friggin fingers have cuts from skinning my knuckles on my right hand down the bone from catching my finger in a water jacket when i was lapping the head gasket surface down with a lapping block. i had used electrical tape on my fingers to stop the bleeding. ---cant stop now, too friggin close to gettin her fired up and waking up my grandmas neihbor hood!
fingers throbbin, my bladder is pusling in my neck because i have to pee so bad, but..........i......am......almost.......done........

no need to take precautions now, i have done this shit a 100 times.....;)

and i dropped a 6mm nut with an 8mm hex outside diameter down the intake tract PHUUUUG............stomach sinks and a burning sensation in my spincter takes over so abrupt i almost squirt a brown bingo dot in my haynes.
"allright, so i just go get a magnet, and fish her out..........30 second delay no biggie.......i got skills,,,,,,,,i got craftsman tools..............

the GoshDam intake valve was open on the cylinder, and the nut fell down the face of the valve with just enough room for the nut to slide past. no room for a magnet, just a 6mm nut............................................

after 45 minutes of cussing, throwing tools, my teeth are burning from having to pee, i finally stopped my futile attempt of retrieving the nut.

by 7am the next morning i had the engine out, head torn off, only to realize i didnt have another head gasket.

bottem line, i ALWAYS block off all intake tracts everytime.

i still hold my pee too long, and tape my fingers with electrical tape when i cut them...............got to get this project done........then i will pee, and put on some fresh electrical tape:burnout:

Last edited:
May I add this, I always block off the intake ports, but also remember to remove said block off, because I put paper towels in the intake ports of my R1 when I was setting the carbs, and I forgot to remove them until I went to run the engine and it ran like shit. The good thing is there was no engine damage, the bad thing was I had to take it all apart again to remove the paper towels.

Live and learn!

Bill.

boomer that looks outstanding!!!!!! im still in need of an x-metal credit card:D ill take one with the pic of that mamba on it!:rock: GREAT JOB!!!!!

devildog02 said:
boomer that looks outstanding!!!!!! im still in need of an x-metal credit card:D ill take one with the pic of that mamba on it!:rock: GREAT JOB!!!!!
dude, someone tied your truck down when you werent looking..........:D

BOOMER said:
darn good point.
when i was 15, i was building my engine in my bike for a race the next morning. it was 2am.
i had just finished putting the engine backtogether and was in the process of putting it back into the frame. one of the last things i had left to do was install one of the carb throttle cable adjuster nuts. i had put a totally different set of carbs on it, (you know, the ones your buddy swear should make more power--"get those, no one really needs good tires, its all about power!!";)
and had to make a custom set of cables for them and i had to cut a slot thru a nut so i could get it over the cable, and onto the threaded portion of the cable adjuster. no big deal.............:eek:

my eyes are bleary, my friggin fingers have cuts from skinning my knuckles on my right hand down the bone from catching my finger in a water jacket when i was lapping the head gasket surface down with a lapping block. i had used electrical tape on my fingers to stop the bleeding. ---cant stop now, too friggin close to gettin her fired up and waking up my grandmas neihbor hood!
fingers throbbin, my bladder is pusling in my neck because i have to pee so bad, but..........i......am......almost.......done........

no need to take precautions now, i have done this shit a 100 times.....;)

and i dropped a 6mm nut with an 8mm hex outside diameter down the intake tract PHUUUUG............stomach sinks and a burning sensation in my spincter takes over so abrupt i almost squirt a brown bingo dot in my haynes.
"allright, so i just go get a magnet, and fish her out..........30 second delay no biggie.......i got skills,,,,,,,,i got craftsman tools..............

the GoshDam intake valve was open on the cylinder, and the nut fell down the face of the valve with just enough room for the nut to slide past. no room for a magnet, just a 6mm nut............................................

after 45 minutes of cussing, throwing tools, my teeth are burning from having to pee, i finally stopped my futile attempt of retrieving the nut.

by 7am the next morning i had the engine out, head torn off, only to realize i didnt have another head gasket.

bottem line, i ALWAYS block off all intake tracts everytime.

i still hold my pee too long, and tape my fingers with electrical tape when i cut them...............got to get this project done........then i will pee, and put on some fresh electrical tape:burnout:

HAHAHAHAH I can relate good one.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back