2004 SRT-10 with 173,xxx miles

vipernks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ran across this listing for a 2004 Silver SRT-10 RC for $16K at Cosmo Motors in NC (never been there or heard of this dealership) and noticed they had what appears to be a super clean (but no pictures of the underside - 11 years in New York could lead to a lot of driving on road salt) SRT. The car fax is interesting to look at. :deal:

I'm not interested but its nice to see these beauties can go close to 200,000 miles. Since mine only has 36,XXX miles on it I can only hope.

2004 Used Dodge Ram SRT-10 2dr Reg Cab 120.5" WB SRT-10 at Cosmo Motors Serving Hickory, NC, IID 13069174

sure looks clean despite its mileage but it's hard to tell what kind of life that truck has had just by pics and mileage. may of stayed on the highway all its life. I didn't pay a whole heck of a lot more for mine with only 92k on it. as long as the fluids were kept up and it wasn't abused I'm sure ya could get 200k out of these trucks like any other.

Mine is a DD & I have 105,000 miles on it. This one looks clean, but I would get the extended warranty that's available, just in case.

Mine also is a DD with 95,000 on it and if these pics have not been touched up then the truck most assuredly has had some painting done. The front bumper is just too "new" for this many miles. Guessing someone needs to go do a touchy feely and see what the real condition is. Stealerships would never play games with the buyer.

I'd def spend the extra on any sort of warranty if offered. most third party warranties probably wouldn't touch any vehicle with 173k on the clock.. most have a mileage max limit that makes it eligible. that's definitely something to invest in if one is offered. the dealer may offer one themselves.

Agreed, that thing must have recent paint. Regardless of how nice it may be I wouldn't pay over $12,000 with that kind of mileage. To be honest this is exactly what I'm looking for, clean high mileage truck ready to have the motor and trans pulled and rebuilt. The only problem is that I don't have enough money to get the car prepped for spring and buy this too... :mad:

mine has 92k and it def has its road scars like chips and nicks and so on. plus being the truck is black it shows imperfections a lot easier. hell it looks good for a 73k mile truck much less a 173k mile truck lol. I'd be curious to see what the carfax shows on its history.

mine has 92k and it def has its road scars like chips and nicks and so on. plus being the truck is black it shows imperfections a lot easier. hell it looks good for a 73k mile truck much less a 173k mile truck lol. I'd be curious to see what the carfax shows on its history.

It has a free Carfax attached to it. I just read through it and it doesn't have anything that sends out a red flag. One of the ownerships definitely looks like it was just bought and flipped though. The last owner had it for a long time.

They state that an as-is extended warranty is available. Take it. Something is better than nothing. With that kind of miles it's better safe than sorry.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back