2005 Power seat adjustement Problem

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any else have a problem with the power seat adjuster not working.

Passenger seat is not adjusting when I use the 1st switc... the front of the seat will not go down... the other 2 switches work fine.....All 3 seat motors operate when the switches are activated.....Is there a gear that can be replaced ... I have read that theses are not serviceable and the hole seat has to be replaced which I just can't beleive:dontknow:
What is the fix???? Or a way to just level the seat to a better position???

I'm having the same prob with my drivers side. It will go forward and back but nothing else. And the assembly is expensive.

My buddy rick. [ rickspeed ] has this problem you have to replace the whole motor under the seat and its expensive. His is only the passenger side not working

Had the same prob on mine and seat had been moved very little. Was only about 5k on it and was still under warranty, so got fixed that way. Not sure exactly what was the prob, but I believe they replaced whole motor. It ran, I assume part of it broke and said part was prob some cheapo plastic piece.

Go to a salvage yard get one from a dodge diesel truck with power seats they are the same and cheaper then new.

My driver's seat will only go up, and forward and backward. If I want it to go down, I have to use a hammer! But, it works for now!

Black1 said:
I heard Navy guys fix EVERYTHING with a hammer. :dontknow: :eek: :D :D :D :rock:

You mean a hammer and a paint brush:D

LOL:p and I.m still looking for a damn Dentist.

Brat said:
Go to a salvage yard get one from a dodge diesel truck with power seats they are the same and cheaper then new.

Sounds good Earl ---I'll be right there to pic 1 up ---you do have 1 pulled and ready for me... I know you have one in your vast array of truck parts....It may need a few shims also:D:p

VIPR PWR said:
Sounds good Earl ---I'll be right there to pic 1 up ---you do have 1 pulled and ready for me... I know you have one in your vast array of truck parts....It may need a few shims also:D:p
Sorry bro.I dont have one but call Pasco auto salvage in Hudson,I am sure they can help you out.:rock:

I have the exact same problem with my drivers side seat. My question would be, is it possible to swap the passenger side motor with the drivers side and it be functional ? :confused:

ntw0rk said:
My driver's seat will only go up, and forward and backward. If I want it to go down, I have to use a hammer! But, it works for now!
And if the hammer doesn't work at some point, DON'T FORCE it, Just get a bigger hammer! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back