2006 Navigation Disc

NorCal SRT-10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Does anyone know where to get a new navi disc for the 06 model? Since I bought my truck it has always displayed something along the lines of "please upgrade navigation disc". I don't even know where the disc goes!

The 06's use a DVD so make sure you get the right one. They might be harder to get then the CD's but just try ebay if no one here has one.

FlyingLow said:
The 06's use a DVD so make sure you get the right one. They might be harder to get then the CD's but just try ebay if no one here has one.

Are they all DVD? Or are some DVD (like the model that came with the entertainment package, flip down monitor), and others CD rom?

NorCal SRT-10 said:
Are they all DVD? Or are some DVD (like the model that came with the entertainment package, flip down monitor), and others CD rom?

PM me your address info.. I'll send you a copy of mine. Enjoy!
:)

NorCal SRT-10 said:

They changed from RB4 to RB1 in the 06's. Or vice verse, I can't remember which one is which for the number but I know for sure it takes a DVD in the 06.

Thanks for all of the info flyinglow.

OhioSRT10, PM is sent. Thanks again brotha!

Good news and bad news...

Good: I can now tell you how to remove/insert the DVD. Below the LCD screen, there is a small black removable bar with a little clip on the upper left corner. Push that in with a toothpick and then you can kinda pry off the cover. Once the cover is removed, there is an eject button on the right side of the DVD. Push that button and out pops the disc.

Now the bad news... I brought it in and tried to copy it to a DVD but didn't have any luck. I believe it is a dual-layer DVD (7.6GB of data on the disc I think) and I can't write a dual-layer DVD nor do I have that type of blank media.

Sorry about that! I hope someone else can help you out. Thanks!

Bummer! Thanks for trying anyway. I'll figure it out. I better start looking at ebay... maybe even the dealer. Man I hope it doesn't come to that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back