2006 SRT-10 Questions

Jwayne511

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2006 SRT-10 in Brazil to put in a 1929 hot rod.
But I need some informations, the engine came without ECM/PCM, so I will have put a performance engine module made in Brazil.
You know if this SRT-10 2006 engine have a tonewheel ? If yes, how many tooths this tonewheel have ?
You can tell me how this ignition and injection work ? I will need this information to made this module ( computer engine ).

Thank's
Joao

Jwayne511 said:
Hi,

I have a 2006 SRT-10 in Brazil to put in a 1929 hot rod.
But I need some informations, the engine came without ECM/PCM, so I will have put a performance engine module made in Brazil.
You know if this SRT-10 2006 engine have a tonewheel ? If yes, how many tooths this tonewheel have ?
You can tell me how this ignition and injection work ? I will need this information to made this module ( computer engine ).

Thank's
Joao
Welcome to the club, Sorry i can not help you with the tonewheel :dontknow: question. I am sure you will get some replies a little later, Hang in there.

Welcome to the club...Never heard of a "tonewheel"..:dontknow: ...of I aint no mech......maybe there is another word for what you are referring to?..

I need to know, how the EFI work in this engine. I know this engine have a camshaft sensor, but I think this ignition systen work with more sensors.

Why not try one of the Viper junkyards and get the harness and ECM/PCM? :dontknow: Seems like that would be a whole lot easier.

This engine have a camshaft position sensor and a crankshaft position sensor, ok ?
In the crankshaft position sensor, how many tooths this sensor read ??

I believe he is talking about the toner ring/trigger wheel/reluctor wheel etc. It is what is attached to the front of the crank. It has teeth in it that tell the PCM where TDC is for fuel and spark timing via the crank position sensor.

The older GM's had a 24 tooth and the new ones have a 58 tooth. My Electromotive Tec3 stand alone uses a 60-2 tooth wheel. Anyone with a torn down V-10 can count the teeth. It should not matter though as if you go stand alone you can put one in front of the crank pulley in whatever the manufacturer recommends.

Last edited:
I would definitely look for a harness and computer here from a junkyard, will save you aton of trouble, as for the teeth sorry cant help there..

And a 2004 SRT-10 engine, how many "tooths" have in a trigger wheel ?

Ok for the years with the notches on the crank's reluctor ring there are 5. For (most of?) the 04's the notches are located on the flywheel. Should be the same number of notches because the PCM's didn't change (that I know of). I hope this answered your question. I would also hunt down a factory PCM. AEM makes one that will work with our engines also MOTEC ($$$$$) or you could do a Haltech if you are willing to R&D it yourself. Bigstuff is in the development stages of a PCM as well.

Thank you very much Robert, now I will try to find a ECM and PCM modules for this 2004 engine.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back