2006 srt-8 charger

madmanadam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day went out to take little cruze in the charger and when I turned the key on the horn started to blow. Only way to stop it is to remove the fuse to the horn.
Has anyone came across this issue? anyone sell mopar parts for a 2006 charger? might need a new horn cover and switch.

thx

Could be as simple as replacing the horn itself. I had a car years ago that would randomly blow the horn till you pulled fuse. It was just the horn itself.

Same thing happened to my SRT10 a couple years ago (still haven't fixed it). I think it could be the clockspring in the steering wheel. I don't think there is a separate fuse for the horn in our trucks, so I just disconnected the wires from the horn.

I do have the recall for the airbag, but do not trust the dealer to work on it. fraid of them flashing the computer and that would not be a good thing, since it is modded.

I do have the recall for the airbag, but do not trust the dealer to work on it. fraid of them flashing the computer and that would not be a good thing, since it is modded.
I'd highly doubt a reflash. Tape over the obd port.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Maybe it is a key chip security malfunction. Google can be a wonderful place!

Okay, who would of thought that a battery would not last 10 yrs, lol.
Added a new battery and charged it car battery over night, and vroom.

That is good news!! Now you are good for another 10yrs! :D

Wife's concorde did this, corroded battery cables way back in the harness, ends looked great, causing computer to freak out

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back