2009 Dodge Challenger 6 Speed Manual Options

Manic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Model ENG. Trans. Axle Ratio HSA Trak Pack
R/T 5.7L 6-speed** manual 3.73 LS Y Y
SRT8 6.1L 6-speed** manual 3.92 LS Y Y

LS = Limited Slip

Manual transmission versions of the 2009 Challenger R/T and SRT models will offer a feature that has previously only been available on the Dodge Ram, Jeep Commander, Grand Cherokee and the Liberty. The HSA feature assists the driver when starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill by maintaining the same level of brake pressure the driver applied for a short period of time after the foot has been removed from the brake pedal. The system will release the brake pedal in proportion to the amount of throttle applied. If the throttle is not applied within a short period of time after the foot has been removed from the brake pedal, Hill Start Assist will release brake pressure.

The second feature is called the Trak Pak, which is reportedly just a marketing term for a specific combination of transmission, shfiter and gearing. Available on R/T and SRT-8 models, the Tremec 6-speed manual is included, as well as a limited slip differential, though the axle ratio appears to vary between the two models on which the Trak Pak is included.

Manic said:
The HSA feature assists the driver when starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill by maintaining the same level of brake pressure the driver applied for a short period of time after the foot has been removed from the brake pedal. The system will release the brake pedal in proportion to the amount of throttle applied. If the throttle is not applied within a short period of time after the foot has been removed from the brake pedal, Hill Start Assist will release brake pressure.
Computer-controlled line lock!
Cool!

What dollar amount are they talking on the new Challengers SRT?
Are they going to be around the same as the Charger SRT?

probably be in the low 40's like the charger srt. talked with my dealer this morning and he is saying the end of the week ill be able to order one. dont know how true it is but im calling him back friday.

Wow, I can't wait til they hit the dealerships.
They should go like hot cakes. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Now I need to talk my girlfriend into buying that house with the 6 car garage.:D :D :D

i tried to order one 2 weeks ago and could not, they said maybe in Jan, 2008(THEY COULD NOT GIVE ME A ORDER DATE) ...so i bought the srt-8 6.1 charger for now......

fast fred said:
...so i bought the srt-8 6.1 charger for now......

Poor guy. I drool everytime I see one on the road. How do you like it?

iraqivet01 said:
Poor guy. I drool everytime I see one on the road. How do you like it?
yea i got a great deal... so i bought a plum crazy srt-8 6.1 charger...it had 3mils on it....they would not let anyone test drive it....i like it a lot it is faster than my truck was stock for stock......i'm not going to mod it very munch because i'm going for the challenger when they come out....i'm going to mod the hell out of it......

WATCH OUT FOR THE 2ND STICKER ON THESE BABIES!- WHEN I BOUGHT MY 06 DAYONTA CHARGER THEY WERE IN SUCH DEMAND THE DEALER WAS 2ND STICKERING THE SH*T OUT OF THEM- BUT IF YOU CAN RESIST TEMPTATION AND WEATHER THE STORM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS PRICING SHOULD LEVEL OUT. i HAD TO HAVE MY CHARGER AND THE DEALER STUCK IT IN BALZ AND ALL! LOL- BUT I DO STILL LOVE LIKE THE FIRST DAY I GOT IT

fast fred said:
RUFROZN said:
WATCH OUT FOR THE 2ND STICKER ON THESE BABIES! what are you talking about 2nd sticker??

what he means is watch out, they just might stick it to you..that's all folks :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

its the small sticker attached on the side of the main sticker- just ask a car saleman he will tell you- its how they can ask for more $ for high demand vehicles- like a new viper is say 60,000 msrp- but when you get to the dealer its $72,000. just another way the stealerships make extra dough on the consumer with money burning a hole.............. :)

RUFROZN said:
WATCH OUT FOR THE 2ND STICKER ON THESE BABIES!- WHEN I BOUGHT MY 06 DAYONTA CHARGER THEY WERE IN SUCH DEMAND THE DEALER WAS 2ND STICKERING THE SH*T OUT OF THEM- BUT IF YOU CAN RESIST TEMPTATION AND WEATHER THE STORM FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS PRICING SHOULD LEVEL OUT. i HAD TO HAVE MY CHARGER AND THE DEALER STUCK IT IN BALZ AND ALL! LOL- BUT I DO STILL LOVE LIKE THE FIRST DAY I GOT IT

Amend to that brother. I'm still bleeding from my SRT truck. Should have waited really til NOW, to buy one. It make me cry to think I could have gotten the same truck for about 2/3rds of what I got it for.

Oh well..... She at least not second hand, or been molested (too much):D

This car is the shit, and once the dust has settled and prices come down in a couple of years (and I pay down my truck a little) I just might have to trade the truck in on one. Shit, I might just keep the truck and get one of those too. Especially if they make an SRT version in a six speed. Damn, that thing looks sweet.

I would rather have the Cuda if they make it. Are they still going to build the Cuda? Or was that just a concept they were toying with?

some dealers dont do that, it was the same with the charger srt8. some idiots were paying 10k over sticker. i got mine from north carolina. could have bought it from georgia but they didnt have one and couldnt tell me when it would be in.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back