2010 Ram R/T

its complete bull they dont put the 6.1 in and a 6 speed in it and call it a srt-8

Sorry..im not a fan..guess its the black wheels..

Ironhead said:
its complete bull they dont put the 6.1 in and a 6 speed in it and call it a srt-8
i dont tink that wiilever be and option from dodge if it would be i belive they would have already be selling it in my opion the R/T is the srt-8 for the ram although Ive herd romors of a new ram srt 10 dont know the realistic odds of that happening are but hell i hope the bring one out as well. a gen 4 10 would look sweet anything hi performance mopar im in

Ironhead said:

I heard back when they did the 10's they could not get the power to weight ratio (numbers) they wanted using the 6.1 hence the reason for the Viper motor. I do not recall where I heard this so it could be BS. However, it makes sense. By not using the 6.1 in the trucks now and making a slower version than the SRT-10 was they do not disgrace the lineage of the SRT truck by going backward in performance. Making an R/T is different because it is not an SRT. If this is the case then I feel they should use the 6.1 in the truck and call that the R/T. That way Dodge can do what they want with it. It will be faster than the 5.7 but not as quick as the SRT-10 was but if is not called an SRT then who cares.

Those are just my marketing thoughts for the day.

SlvrSnake said:
I heard back when they did the 10's they could not get the power to weight ratio (numbers) they wanted using the 6.1 hence the reason for the Viper motor. I do not recall where I heard this so it could be BS. However, it makes sense. By not using the 6.1 in the trucks now and making a slower version than the SRT-10 was they do not disgrace the lineage of the SRT truck by going backward in performance. Making an R/T is different because it is not an SRT. If this is the case then I feel they should use the 6.1 in the truck and call that the R/T. That way Dodge can do what they want with it. It will be faster than the 5.7 but not as quick as the SRT-10 was but if is not called an SRT then who cares.

Those are just my marketing thoughts for the day.
i couldn't agree more:dito:

i think putting the 6.1 in the trucks dosent make any sence at this point dodge uped the hp in the 5.7 390 horse to only 35 less than the 6.1 425 horse when they make the same changes to th 6.1 who knows what hp it will make but i agree not good marketing to make the r/t and calling it srt-8 although srt-8 is diffrent than srt-10 but why have three levels of preformance trucksand plus ive noticed some 09 aftermarket parts coming out for the 5.7 and even the 2010 5.7 is being looked at already

There "was" a concept 6.4 Apache Hemi in the works last year. It was to be installed in the Charger first. Maybe if it ever comes off "Hold" could be a potential SRT motor.:dontknow:

I like the R/T badge on the grill and the black wheels. I like the front end on the new Rams but not the tail gate. It wouldn't prevent me from buying one if I had the cash.

how about a 5.7 with a blower in an r/t setup?
has dodge ever done a stock blower?
has dodge ever done a turbo stock? (not mitsu engined k cars...)

the headlights are back to the front mount like on the 05's, not wrap up top like the 06.... odd.

would love to see the new 600 horse viper in a new srt-10 thou. think the biggest issue was that the older srt-10 ram had poop sales.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back