2017 Ford Raptor F-150

06SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read an article about the 2017 Ford Raptor F-150. It said it will have the 3.5 EcoBoost V-6 with 450 HP & 450 Torque. It will remain a 4X4. Anyone heard anything else about this truck? Have some of the current Raptors running around Phoenix. They haven't been any trouble so far.

It will also be about 900lb's lighter then the current one. Im still tripping that a new F-150's weighs about 100-200lbs more then say a challenger or a charger. Thats crazy for a fullsize truck.

It will also be about 900lb's lighter then the current one. Im still tripping that a new F-150's weighs about 100-200lbs more then say a challenger or a charger. Thats crazy for a fullsize truck.

Actually it's crazy that a late model Challenger / Charger weigh so damned much. Ridiculously heavy. A 70 Challenger weighed 3400 - 3600 depending on options. My 09'SRT8 Challenger weighs right at 4400 ...

--CC

I don't think it will be much against a 10 unless you off road.....LOL

I think some of the reason to drop all the weight is for MPG. Gotta do it somewhere. I think the new raptor is going to have a 10 speed auto. If true, im sure they will make it into other ford trucks.

I was not impressed when they released the new 2015's ecoboost's mpg highway rating. I wanted minimum 28 highway.

I was thinking with the weight loss & if they pulled the off road tires & put streets tires on it might be something to watch. The 4X4 might also help with traction.

Nah, the Tremor is no comparison to a 10, maybe a more comfortable ride.........

it doesnt perform as well as a 10 obviously but its a closer choice of comparison. the raptor isnt even intended for the same market. they are super nice trucks..a buddy of mine used to have an extra cab one in blue. he ended up trading it in on a regular fx4 ecoboost which also is a super nice and plush truck.

The tremor is a part bin truck and is in no way a replacement for a 3rd Gen lightning. Its no comp for any 99-06 sport truck.

well it was a good idea but a piss poor execution. they could have done just as well having the 5.0 in it. the 5.0 has tons of potential. a friend of mine that stays in the forums for those pickups has told me it doesn't take a ton of mods to get a reg cab 2wd 5.0 powered f150 in the 12s. but fords big selling point is ecoboost. which the new 15 mustang with the ecoboost 4 banger has been in the 12s with a tune, cold air, and some drag radials. that's very impressive but if I was gonna go to the trouble of getting a car like that I would have to opt for the GT.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back