22" Drag Radials ?!

Firefighter1864

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey , does anybody make a 22" drag radial ? I have checked with 2 local tire dealers and havent found anything yet ! Thanks

Firefighter1864 said:
Hey , does anybody make a 22" drag radial ? I have checked with 2 local tire dealers and havent found anything yet ! Thanks

Not that I know of

Problem is that drag radials & slicks need side wall flex to work....a 22" tire just dont have enough side wall to work well...plus would not be enough demand..

Problem is that drag radials & slicks need side wall flex to work....a 22" tire just dont have enough side wall to work well...plus would not be enough demand..

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^

You wont be happy with a 20"....get a 17" if you want a real improvement in traction or just stick with the OEM tires...

yup, plus the spare 20" rims weigh a ton.

If you want a 22" tire that hooks well on the street though the BFG's are the best option out there.

Tried the Nitto DR 20" tires and they don't work, you really need some sidewall like they're saying or you're just wasting money and time. I'm running slicks now because everything else is to unreliabe as far as hooking up. You really need some 17 or 18 inch tires for optimum traction.

Just so you know, I'm a dragstrip junkie and I ran a 12.2 on the Nitto 420's with a 1.8. 60 ft. The 20" DR tires didn't work very well on our Charger either.

Just so you know, I'm a dragstrip junkie and I ran a 12.2 on the Nitto 420's with a 1.8. 60 ft. The 20" DR tires didn't work very well on our Charger either.

i've never had any luck with nitto's either, always ran BFG drag radials on my old mustang. but agree with you nothing hooks like these big ass M&H nostaliga slicks:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back