225 Slant 6 - Turbo power!

Yes it was a well-planned build.

Funny though...a 225 didn't make enough power in factory trim to hurt itself. These engines were labeled as having "Legendary Dependability". o_O
Absolutely! They were dependable for sure. Mine was three on the tree and couldn't get out if it's own way. BUT It did have lots of torque and could go places some of my friends faster cars would never dream of :D

This thread reminded me of something I saw at Carlisle years back

Attachments

• IMAG3025.jpg
    IMAG3025.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG3026.jpg
    IMAG3026.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG3027.jpg
    IMAG3027.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG3028.jpg
    IMAG3028.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG3029.jpg
    IMAG3029.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMAG3030.jpg
    IMAG3030.jpg
    339.8 KB · Views: 7
Not sure what it all is but the welds look rough lol

If I were to deviate from the N.A. path, I'd go the turbo route for sure.
Calgary has a general altitude of 3800 feet BUT weather conditions can take that north of 7000 feet on a "Bad Air Day".
The effect on power production is huge.
Driving from here to sea-level is like bolting a 3.5 psi turbo system on. And of course driving back is like taking it off.
Most of the "Sea-Level" guys have never experienced the performances changes.
Forced induction engines suffer too when climbing higher but not as much as N.A.
A stock Gen 3 Viper engine takes a 50 horsepower hit. Of course the same thing happens in places like Denver CO.

Last edited:
If I were to deviate from the N.A. path, I'd go the turbo route for sure.
Calgary has a general altitude of 3800 feet BUT weather conditions can take that north of 7000 feet on a "Bad Air Day".
The effect on power production is huge.
Driving from here to sea-level is like bolting a 3.5 psi turbo system on. And of course driving back is like taking it off.
Most of the "Sea-Level" guys have never experienced the performances changes.
Forced induction engines suffer too when climbing higher but not as much as N.A.
A stock Gen 3 Viper engine takes a 50 horsepower hit. Of course the same thing happens in places like Denver CO.
Altitude was a bitch with carburetors… in Vegas we decided to take a trip up mount Charleston in my 340 Duster .. damn the higher we got the crappier it was running …Richened the mixture excessively. I had to stop and adjust the holly carb to lean it out ,,,, Makes me glad I had installed the externally adjusting float bowls etc on it . That made for an easy side of the road quick adjustment which fixed the problem . At least till on the way back down the mountain when I had to readjust to riches it back up hahaha !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back