24 hours of hell, but I got my truck.

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woke up at 0530 yesterday morning to catch the 0720 flight to Orlando via ATL. Problem was the flight was 0700. Missed the boarding by a few minutes. Which sucked cause I was there like 20 mins prior to takeoff but Airtran does not have anyone working the desk that early. They close it and go upstairs to do the boarding. So I go by krispy kreme and then home. I make the 1138 flight and get bumped to first class for being Active Duty. The lady behind me spills her drink on the descent so it rolls all over my bag. I get to Orlando no problem and meet up with Marty and his family. We get to the truck and all is well. I was glad to see her since it has been 5 months.

So I take off for the 6 hour trip back home. Man this truck is awesome with 700+ TRQ, but I keep hearing a weird noise. Sounds like coolant, check the gauges but no problems. I stop and get some gas. I do a visual under the hood and everything is fine, the sound is not constant so I continue. Marty calls to check in and I advise him of the problem. Now temp is up on the engine and oil and it is getting hard to steer. It's about 2100 EST and I stop at a truck stop. Wheel barely turns due to the pump. I open the hood and fluid is everywhere. I trouble shoot off and on with Marty. I call my wife (who is pissed BTW) and put some more fluid in the reservoir. I start it up and it is spraying so bad even the windshield gets covered. I'm 300 miles from home and call to see about a tow. The want $4.00 a mile. WTF!!!!!!!!! So I call USAA and explain that the truck has a viper engine and the only VIPER tech is in Pensacola. They said OK and arrange to have it towed. Meanwhile Marty has been calling me. He is going to his shop, meeting up with one of his guys and grabbing every piece to the viper engine he can fit into his van. I cancel the tow and wait 3 hours for Marty to arrive. I spent the extra time at the Super walmart and Waffle house. Since I was having such a bad day I tipped the waitress 100%. Figure someone should have a good day. Marty shows up at 0100 and gets to work. 90 minutes later the truck is fixed with a new (spare) power steering pump. I leave about 0200 and drive back home. As I enter town my watch alarm goes off from when I set it to catch the plane. What a Efan day!!!!!!!!!!!

Huge thanks to Marty for driving 3 hours with tools and parts to help me out. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Wow!!! What a Saga!!!!!

Kudos to Marty for rescuing you!!!:congrats::congrats:

Glad you have your truck back! I can't wait to see it this weekend!!!!

Big Worm said:
VIDEO PLEASE, I GOT TO SEE THIS WHAT DID YOU HAVE DONE AGAIN SMOKE

Forged, SCT and STS turbo. Lots of small things were done as well. Here are the dyno sheets. Before, After and detuned street version.

STS_stock.jpg

Moak_1.jpg

Moak_2.jpg

Smoke, if you do not mind me asking about how much did that set you back? I might be interested.

Well Smoke the road may have been bumpy, but at last you have reached the point you have been working toward.

Now it's time to enjoy your truck without worries.

Bill.

Very glad you got your truck back Smoke!! Can't wait to see you again when you are back in this area. Sorry about the troubles on the trip back home, but all is well now thanks to the hard work of great people!

Stretch

Very nice Scott!!

I am having PS pump issues also. I think it will go out soon!!

Was it a major job to trade out??

Cudo's to Marty for coming out and helping. Not many people would do that.

Phew, I am awake now...Glad you made it home safe Scott. We made it back at 6 am and I slept till 1pm. I have the overfolw headed your way too. Later!

msdnga said:
Phew, I am awake now...Glad you made it home safe Scott. We made it back at 6 am and I slept till 1pm. I have the overfolw headed your way too. Later!

I still haven't been to sleep. I got home around 6am CST. Glad you guys made it back with no issues and thank you so much for helping me out. It really lets the members know the kind of service you provide. BTW can you email me the new waste-gate info to either my home email ([email protected]) or a PM here. And if you have it a dyno sheet with RPM's on it. I haven't been at work since Wed.

msdnga said:
jeez marty !!!! way to go way over the top !!!! :rock: :congrats:

wish ya lived closer to home, you can't beat that kind of service ANYWHERE !!!! :congrats:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back