2nd Gear Pull

Hotrodmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I have kind of an odd question . I was out playing today as a bud thats a Vette freak came over and had not seen the truck so took him for a spin so did a 5mph hammer and hit 2 nd hard and truck almost got sideways and was not really expecting that altho the front does seem to lift on my 1-2 shift to the point of getting a lil squirely on the front . Now to the best of my knowledge this truck is stock and I have seen most of the guys vids running the 1/4 and I dont see this twitch .
O yea and the Vette guy left all bummed mumbling somethin bout how slow his car was going to feel on the way home :dontknow: :burnout: LOL
Have A Kind Day
Mike

When I had the stock gearing 4.10's, I could get it to spin and a coupla times it got squirley. After the 4.88's..............she will literely burn off the tires into second, so much you gotta let off. While this doesnt happen everytime, it has happend several times. Full throttle in first gear with clutch already out always spins the tires. And I dont mean dumping the clutch. Easy launch then stomp on it.....= melting rubber!!

If you like what you have now, upgrade to the 4.88's and hang on.......traction is now an option!!! LOL

patrick

Mine does the same. I can always get a good second gear pitch when nailed hard. Can't say its the tires as my second set does it too!

Mine will do that, however there are factors here. If I am in a good road it will not act this way. One certain road surfaces will do this.

You also have to factor in the fact the roads are cooler this time of year, reducing traction.

Oh Yeah, I can spin hard when I pull a good second gear shift.

Bill.

Well cooler is not a problem as it was 80 that day <G> Traction is something I dont seem to have :dontknow: once I break the rear loose coming off the line I can keep them spinning till I back off or shift . Just to see the other day I dropped at about 2700 and when I got to 6000 I just kept fluttering the pedal to keep it of the rev limiter and they would not stop spinning till I finally just let off and shifted . Just trying to figure out if it's the truck and I just have to account for it or there is something I can correct mechanicly. It could very well have been the road surface but normally when I have encountered that it tends to hop a bit .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back