390/40/17 M&Hs w/ Eagle Rims

The moron Dan, is talking about the DOT #. It's on the side of the tire and the last four digits will tell you what week of what year, the tire was made.

i'm not that big of an idiot;) pretty sure that's what john at MH told me...

either way, it should look like this...

Attachments

• MH SN.JPG
    MH SN.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 201
i'm not that big of an idiot;) pretty sure that's what john at MH told me...

either way, it should look like this...

Yes you are. And that is the D.O.T. (Dept. of Transportation). The last four digits, 3407, means it was made the 34 week of 2007.

The moron Dan, is talking about the DOT #. It's on the side of the tire and the last four digits will tell you what week of what year, the tire was made.

Thats some great info Steve!:rock: thanks.
Anyone know how long the tires stay good for before rubber starts to turn and you lose traction with them??
And isn't there a law that dealers can't sell tires that are a certain so many hrs old? I think it 4 hrs old cause rubber starts to deteriorate and lose strength becoming unsafe???:dontknow:

Last edited:
from what i've been told, it depends on how often you track them, and if they're down to the wear bars...

jerry could probably tell you how long his current set has lasted...

for instance, a set that was bought and put on the shelf has never been "activated" thorough a heat cycle, so they would last quite a long time...

for these, since i bought them used, and they were from 07, and i know for a fact i've put about 40 passes on them, they're on the way out...

one thing john suggested is to do a 15 sec. burnout... he said that CAN reactivate the compound in the tires and get a little more life in them... it's possible, but not guaranteed...

you will always notice a better time, even on old worn out dr's but you won't have that 60' time that a new set will get you...

for example, i should be cutting 1.6-1.7 60's and i can BARELY get out of the 1.9's... most are 2.0, and i run 1.9's consistently on street tires... but my overall times with the dr's are still lower, even with a higher 60' time... they still hook up better at the 1-2 and 2-3 shift than streets do...

i'm gonna try his recommendation for a long burnout next time out and see if they wake up...

from what i've been told, it depends on how often you track them, and if they're down to the wear bars...

for instance, a set that was bought and put on the shelf has never been "activated" thorough a heat cycle, so they would last quite a long time...

for these, since i bought them used, and they were from 07, and i know for a fact i've put about 40 passes on them, they're on the way out...

one thing john suggested is to do a 15 sec. burnout... he said that CAN reactivate the compound in the tires and get a little more life in them... it's possible, but not guaranteed...

you will always notice a better time, even on old worn out dr's but you won't have that 60' time that a new set will get you...

for example, i should be cutting 1.6-1.7 60's and i can BARELY get out of the 1.9's... most are 2.0, and i run 1.9's consistently on street tires... but my overall times with the dr's are still lower, even with a higher 60' time... they still hook up better at the 1-2 and 2-3 shift than streets do...

i'm gonna try his recommendation for a long burnout next time out and see if they wake up...

So when John tells you to do a john force burnout, you do it. When I tell you to do it, you dont. Okay :dontknow:
I told you. Heat them bitches up!!!!
My 1.7 60 ft times, were on my DR's that have been well into the wear bars.

You turn better times on the drag radial because they are about 2" shorter than stock tires and effectively lower your gear ratio to about 4.90 so you turn a better time in the 1/4. Also John at M&H told me that to restore life to the tire mount them backwards (arrow pointing to the rear) do about a 10 second burnout, then remount the proper direction.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back