4.56 gears

DragginDrew

Reaction score
im looking for a set of 4.56 gears for my rear end at a resonable cost. and possibly a posi trac diff. thanks

PM Stinker.

Talk to him about the full Stinker Rear End...one of the best mods I ever made...went to 4.56, Detroit Locker, with 35 Spline axles...also came with Wilwood calipers and rotors which allow the use of a 15 inch rear wheel with slicks. It saves about 100 lbs. ends the spider gear shattering and is rock solid...it costs a little but it is the best thing since pay at the pump!

as soon as i get my 3.73s or 3.55 for my qc ill pm you and let u know

DragginDrew said:
its actually a v6 so it most likely is i need to look into it
I have the whole rear-end in my garage, brakes still attached and it has 4.56:1 gears :rock: :rock:
I too went with the Stinker-Rear-End!
Maybe just the 3rd/member, I don't know what size your carrier is?

Quick

Last edited:
i have a new unused trac-lok carrier with all the new bearings needed to install. It will go in your 9 1/4 axle

Prof said:
PM Stinker.

Talk to him about the full Stinker Rear End...one of the best mods I ever made...went to 4.56, Detroit Locker, with 35 Spline axles...also came with Wilwood calipers and rotors which allow the use of a 15 inch rear wheel with slicks. It saves about 100 lbs. ends the spider gear shattering and is rock solid...it costs a little but it is the best thing since pay at the pump!

Stinker's rear end is a 100lbs. lighter than the stock set up???????

QuickSilver said:
............... and a 100-times stronger! :congrats: :congrats:

Quick

Yes sir...it is a remarkable piece of work...just like Joanne.

QuickSilver said:
............... and a 100-times stronger! :congrats: :congrats:

Quick

does the traction it provides out weigh the weight loss????

100 lbs off the already light assend don't seem right????

It weights about 100 lbs. I don't know the weight of the oem rear end. It could be a 100 lb savings I just don't know.

The 35 spline axles, the Wilwood rotors and calipers and the locker rear end are all advantages. The weight reduction is a significant positive factor in my mind...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back