4.88's

mikeH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did I see somewhere that there are now 4.88's made that work with the stock carrier? I have an 04 and I want to swap to either 4.56's or 4.88's. I would like the 4.88's if they are just as easy (and same cost). Do any of you know where I can get these??

* I do not race at the track
* I do not do a lot of highway driving
* My truck is driven maybe 2k miles a year

There are about 400 threads on this subject. If caveman was here you would see 75-100 of them. Search the forum. Tons of info.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Thanks Trussman, I have definitely spent hours on end reading about the pros and cons of everyone's gear swaps. I have decided that its a mod that ill do in time, and I was just curious if I was missing something seeing as they cost $900. Last I was quoted was about $500 but that didn't include an 'install kit'. Wanted to see everyone's opinions.

There are about 400 threads on this subject. If caveman was here you would see 75-100 of them. Search the forum. Tons of info.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

If any one wants 4.56 rear end let me know. I would like to trade for a 4.10 set up. Bring your truck I'll do the swap why you wait.

i have 4.88's and it's a marginal difference from 4.56.

from 4.10 you'd see a bigger difference, but it's still not worth it.

you can't switch from 4.10's to 4.88's without a different carrier from what i understand.
4.10-4.56 is ok and 4.56-4.88 is ok, but not 4.10-4.88

i have 4.88's and it's a marginal difference from 4.56.

from 4.10 you'd see a bigger difference, but it's still not worth it.

you can't switch from 4.10's to 4.88's without a different carrier from what i understand.
4.10-4.56 is ok and 4.56-4.88 is ok, but not 4.10-4.88

Ok that's what I was thinking about the 4.88's but I thought I heard somewhere that they were making 4.88's that worked without a different carrier than the 4.10's. If it involves a new carrier, I will most likely stick to the 4.56 replacement. Thanks for the input

Spoke to him yesterday. He's doing okay

he must really hate me, doesn't return phone calls or texts these days. Last time I talked to him was Christmas eve.

he must really hate me, doesn't return phone calls or texts these days. Last time I talked to him was Christmas eve.

He probably felt compelled to respond to my text. I sent him a picture of myself fresh out of surgery the other day... Yes I played the sympathy card so I could feel his love and affection! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back