4200k vs 6000k XenonDepot Comparison

RedSrt007

Reaction score
Picked up some (XenonDepot Kit) 4200k to compare vs the 6000k's that I have been using.

Here is the difference for everyone to compare. The 4k's are slightly brighter, but less color....the 6k's are more colorful (blueish) but less lumens output.

This info, is for those who wanted a comparison.

Thx,

-Red

6k's on Left, 4k's on right
HID6k4k1.JPG

4k's on Left, 6k's on right

HID6k4k12.JPG

HID6k4k13.JPG

That's why I use the 4k's, notice how much more detail there is in the last photo(garage).:rock: :rock:

PS: I noticed though that every so often mine would flicker as a result of a signal being sent to check for a bad bulb.:confused:

I ended up getting two "flicker" capacitors but have not installed yet.

Great thread Patrick. Are you running projectors or OEM light housing?

I have 5K on the charger and Maureen's 10 and love em.

Also, it is apparent that the Jeeps tend to show the lighting a tad differently than the car and truck. Not sure why though?

The flickering may be have a few reasons behind it.

First question would be, do you have any electronics added (other than OEM)? If so, you may need to up the ballasts to a 15 amp (standard is 5 or 10 amp).

If not, the flicker resistors will probably cure the problem.

1bad4dr said:
Great thread Patrick. Are you running projectors or OEM light housing?

I have 5K on the charger and Maureen's 10 and love em.

Also, it is apparent that the Jeeps tend to show the lighting a tad differently than the car and truck. Not sure why though?

The flickering may be have a few reasons behind it.

First question would be, do you have any electronics added (other than OEM)? If so, you may need to up the ballasts to a 15 amp (standard is 5 or 10 amp).

If not, the flicker resistors will probably cure the problem.

From what I have read Mercedes, Chrysler,Dodge, and a couple more send a check signal that causes the flicker. I didn't notice it until I drove several miles at night. Most of my driving is during the day.

supercar1of1 said:

From what I have read Mercedes, Chrysler,Dodge, and a couple more send a check signal that causes the flicker. I didn't notice it until I drove several miles at night. Most of my driving is during the day.
Yes, but I am posting due to experience. I tried the flicker conversion on the Charger and 10 with poor results. The issues did not go away until I added the 15 amp ballast.

1bad4dr said:
Yes, but I am posting due to experience. I tried the flicker conversion on the Charger and 10 with poor results. The issues did not go away until I added the 15 amp ballast.

I think that may be what I have, I will check but they look like small ballasts with just a POS and NEG going in and out.

supercar1of1 said:

I think that may be what I have, I will check but they look like small ballasts with just a POS and NEG going in and out.

Cool.

Love the Hood man. Damn, now I might have to get Stinker to make one for the wifes trukita. lol

RedSrt007 said:
Picked up some (XenonDepot Kit) 4200k to compare vs the 6000k's that I have been using.

Here is the difference for everyone to compare. The 4k's are slightly brighter, but less color....the 6k's are more colorful (blueish) but less lumens output.

This info, is for those who wanted a comparison.

Thx,

-Red

6k's on Left, 4k's on right

HID6k4k1.JPG

HID6k4k12.JPG

HID6k4k13.JPG

That close, it sure looks to me that Patricks leftside light is too high, or his right side is too low.:dontknow:

When I put the left bulb in, I didn't SNAP it in all the way..I just wanted it placed in there temp. for the comparison, so its actually too high.

Thx for the compliments...

John, PM Steve, he will get you squared away,,,

RedSrt007 said:
When I put the left bulb in, I didn't SNAP it in all the way..I just wanted it placed in there temp. for the comparison, so its actually too high.

Thx for the compliments...

John, PM Steve, he will get you squared away,,,

Do you still have low and high beams?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back