427 SS Chevy

fastblksrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think Chevy will jump into the truck wars.

Silverado 427
GM's design director Ed Welburn told us that there almost wasn't enough time to build another truck for SEMA, but this was one that he really wanted, telling his team to "build it for me."

The 427 is the ultimate muscle truck. A regular cab 2WD Silverado, the 427 is lowered, features 22-inch five-spoke alloy wheels with Pirelli Scorpion 305/40ZR22 performance tires and integrated side exhaust. The large hood scoop with "427" emblazoned on the side was influenced by the famous Corvette "Stinger" hood scoop, which identified 427-powered Corvettes of the mid-1960s.

Inside are Corvette seats covered in custom leather and equipped with a 3-point racing harness. A custom center console that incorporates the shifter and houses a set of billet-face instruments is fitted between the seats.

Of course, this truck isn't just about the looks. Under the hood is that 505-horsepower V8 from the Z06 teamed with a heavy-duty 6-speed manual transmission. The six-speed transmission has a steep first gear for tremendous acceleration at launch, while two overdrive gears balance the Silverado 427's performance with fuel economy—not something that was an issue with the builders of the first 427s.

"There's hardly a more legendary—or menacing, depending on your point of view—moniker in the world of performance than '427'," said Cafaro. "The Silverado 427 concept delivers on the expectation of that revered badge with performance that equals or surpasses the original."

Attachments

• c464274a.jpeg
    c464274a.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 11,417
  • c464275a.jpeg
    c464275a.jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 21,962
they might considering they stopped making the SSR, but then again the SSR didnt really do so well. Im sure there will be a next SS Silverado but not with the LS7.

I do not like the look of the front end.. but the inside sounds awesome and I bet its hella fast... I like Dodge but DAMN a Chevy V8 truck now in the lead with a Dodge v10.... thats craazy shnit...

GM will never build that thing!!!

Besides the Z06 They have no other performance vehicles!! They are to chicken to build this thing!!!!!!

viprtek said:
GM will never build that thing!!!

Besides the Z06 They have no other performance vehicles!! They are to chicken to build this thing!!!!!!
yup, I do believe it might not make it out like the new lightning which I have never seen to be produced yet. The Regency and Joe Gibbs is there only trucks they will claim to be fast... But in the end, Ford is completely out of the competition until they produce something with at least 450+ horsepower which I do not see happening being that they are too much over the Mustangs.... they have about 50 different mustangs out and nothing is really looking good for the trucks.

Stinker said:
oooohhhhh 427SSS chevy truck twin turboed?:rock: :burnout:
You getting one stink? I'll give 20 grand for your Dodge now - - CASH!!!:p j/k:D

lololol I'm with everyone else here I dont think chevy will do it, but would be nice!

And I want take a dime over $15,000 LOLOLOL

It looks like a plastic car model kit - glued together by a kid that just spent his allowance. :p

V10ToGo said:
It looks like a plastic car model kit - glued together by a kid that just spent his allowance. :p

Just like the ZO6!:D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back