48re problems$$$

iwrightsrt

Reaction score
Hey evryone new to the thread lookin for some help with my poor truck. Ive got a 2006 srt10 with the paxton novi supercharger. truck just turned 27,000 and my trans went out. forward and direct clutch both smoked. Im a certified tech and ive done lots of transmissons so i rebuilt it myself. Alto red clutches kolyene steels, heavy duty one piece input shaft, new heavy duty servos and bands, and band strut. billet accumulater, transgo shift kit, new governor solenoid and sensor new shift valves, and a billet tripple plate convertor. heres my problem start the truck up and it wont go into gear until i rev it up than it will jump into gear and be fine until it cools down again and bam same shit. checked line pressure at idle in gear and i only have 20psi tried turning up regulator and pressure wont increase:mad: . also when i go from drive to neutral it makes a whinig noise. i think i have a pressure loss somewhere but i cant figure out where and im becoming more and more frustrated and running out of money. if you guys have any ideas or someone to put me in touch with i would love your input

iwrightsrt said:
Hey evryone new to the thread lookin for some help with my poor truck. Ive got a 2006 srt10 with the paxton novi supercharger. truck just turned 27,000 and my trans went out. forward and direct clutch both smoked. Im a certified tech and ive done lots of transmissons so i rebuilt it myself. Alto red clutches kolyene steels, heavy duty one piece input shaft, new heavy duty servos and bands, and band strut. billet accumulater, transgo shift kit, new governor solenoid and sensor new shift valves, and a billet tripple plate convertor. heres my problem start the truck up and it wont go into gear until i rev it up than it will jump into gear and be fine until it cools down again and bam same shit. checked line pressure at idle in gear and i only have 20psi tried turning up regulator and pressure wont increase:mad: . also when i go from drive to neutral it makes a whinig noise. i think i have a pressure loss somewhere but i cant figure out where and im becoming more and more frustrated and running out of money. if you guys have any ideas or someone to put me in touch with i would love your input

Throttle actuator valve hooked back up to the Throttle body? Adjusted correctly? They do have an impact on line pressure I believe. Or converter draining back for some reason?

Im in Michigan about a hour or so north of the dirty d. I adjusted the tv cable and it seems to be acting right. my pressure is perfect under load just on idle its low. im beginig to think i may have a warped valve body or case allowing pump to suck air until i rev it up and allowing it to loose pressure at low fluid flow. that sound possible lol.

Mine was doing the same until I had it rebuilt. I had a Front Pressure Seal Leaking allowing fluid to bypass. It Tosted the 1st and 2nd gears.

There was NO external leak, it was all internal. Are you sure you got it back together correctly?? Just asking :)

The valve bodies are famous for being warped,I would get ahold of Dusty Hawk at HTS Transmissions,awesome guy to deal with and I would do a valve body change from HTS and he is out of Michigan too.

Well i found the problem. i pulled valve body down and went crazy with a straight edge and case and valve body were perfect. so for shits and giggles i air tested my clutches thru the case and all my pressure was blowin right back out of the torque convertor drain and fill ports. pulled out the trans (gotten pretty good at this took about twenty min lol) pulled my pump and found pump body cracked. ordered up new pump today. this is an awesome forum thanks for all the input guys i really appreciate it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back