48re solenoid upgrade on 2006 QC

swampsong

Reaction score
Allright guys, everybody is raving about this upgrade, and i have already hated the way my truck shifts, so i'm ready to order, but how do i install, i've been searching on here, and everywhere, with no luck. Someone said there was a DIY article but i couldn't find it. Will i have to have a shop do it or can i do it in my drive way with normal home garage tools.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I am pretty sure you drop the pan and unplug the wire conector, unbolt the old solenoid, put new one in and plug wires back up, fill back up and go.

So you change the auto fluid at the same time then right? I changed the manual fluid on my 97 Z28 a few times. I still remember how i undid the drain plug before the fill plug, oh how much fun it was getting the fill plug!!, but anyways i'll look up changing the auto fluid, and i bet i'll find out exactly where this thing goes.

Thanks for the help!

do we need these parts to help solving the 1212 shiftproblem ?

1 each 56028196AD Tranducer-Pressure Sensor
1 each 4617210 Solenoid-Transmission Gov
1 each 52118789 Filter-Valve Body

Sammy11 said:
i read on http://www.srt10forum.com/ that the GM is not better , and a guy from there did it with these listed parts and the 1212 problem was gone...:dontknow:

its the tread with title "Wolf is back"
The GM solenoid is better. I've been in that thread, and at no time was it said that the GM solenoid was not better. Chief didn't do the GM solenoid, because his truck was done under warranty by the dealer. If your stock solenoid is partially clogged ( because it's a piece of crap) and you put in a new unclogged factory solenoid, of course it's going to fell better.:dontknow:

ok , ty Steve.
is it a big or heavy part ?
its for the shipment to Belgium / Europe.

Sammy11 said:
ok , ty Steve.
is it a big or heavy part ?
its for the shipment to Belgium / Europe.
No, it's not big at all. Should be very easy to ship. Also get a new filter while you're at it.

tranny filter ?
just did that 1000 miles ago.
it is not the cost , do i need another new one ?

Sammy11 said:
tranny filter ?
just did that 1000 miles ago.
it is not the cost , do i need another new one ?
No, you're okay.

I would change the filter for the fact of ,if your having solinoid problems there's clutch material floating through all your oil clogging your solinoids??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back