4x4 Wheel ?

SHU-DOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Moved to Reno NV from Southrn Calfornia
I know not SRT but I get the best info here.

Just bought a 99 Chevy 3/4T Suburban 4x4.

Looking at either 20's or 22's. Probably the 20x10.

Anyone have a deal on 4x4 tires in the
33/50-60/20
or
35/13.5/20

I figure these will fit without lifting the big biotch. I don't want huge freakin tires and I won't do that much offroading. Just snow, occasional hunt, and towing.

Also looking for some nice black wheels? Thanks for the help.

Thanks Kevin

I had 33x12.5 on 15x10 wheels on my '93 K1500 Blazer(same body style, I think) I had to trim the front bumper a bit, and the rears would just barely rub the fender lip at full compression.

Don't think the 35s will fit w\o a lift

Thanks for the info.

We actually have the Big Nickel.

I went out andbought a 4x4 magazine that has a couple of websites/adds.

Hopefully next week i can make a descision.

Most likely 20" x 10" with either 33x12.5/13.5 or 35x12.5/13.5
Mickey Thompsons/Nitto/BFG or Pro Comp tires.

I am getting a deal on the wheels so may as well spend the money for a nice set of tires.

I will get pics as i get closer to makin a descision.

Thanks Kevin

I know the Nitto/Toyo Tires look good... But, I would stay away from them if I were you. I have Toyo Open Country 305/70/R20E's on my Ford F250. They have 14K miles on them and are cupped already. :dontknow: :mad: Oh, and Toyo Tire Co. owns Nitto.... The Open Country and Terra Grappler tires are essentially the same tire. ;)

Just my opinion, but spend the extra $$$ and get Mickeys. I think you will be happier with those.

SHU-DOG said:
Thanks for the info.

We actually have the Big Nickel.

I went out andbought a 4x4 magazine that has a couple of websites/adds.

Hopefully next week i can make a descision.

Most likely 20" x 10" with either 33x12.5/13.5 or 35x12.5/13.5
Mickey Thompsons/Nitto/BFG or Pro Comp tires.

I am getting a deal on the wheels so may as well spend the money for a nice set of tires.

I will get pics as i get closer to makin a descision.

Thanks Kevin

Black1 said:
I know the Nitto/Toyo Tires look good... But, I would stay away from them if I were you. I have Toyo Open Country 305/70/R20E's on my Ford F250. They have 14K miles on them and are cupped already. :dontknow: :mad: Oh, and Toyo Tire Co. owns Nitto.... The Open Country and Terra Grappler tires are essentially the same tire. ;)

Just my opinion, but spend the extra $$$ and get Mickeys. I think you will be happier with those.

I am looking at
Mickey Thompson ATZ-325/50/20 or 35x13.5/20(Fit?)
Khuomo Road Venture MT-33x12.5/20 or 35x13.5/20(fit?)
Nitto Mud Grappler-33x12.5/20

I have heard great things about the Mickey Thompson's. Khuomo's?
And you say the Nittos bypass?

I will use in snow, some hunting, and freeway during the winter and maybe a daily driver in summer.

Thoughts?

Thanks again

The MT Baja is a great tire... They have always been good tires. They are quiet on the road, have relatively good tire wear ratings, and are great for all weather.

baja_atz.jpg

I haven't heard much about the Kumho. ... Other than they are "new". :dontknow: It does look BADASS tho! :eek: :rock:

KL71.jpg

I know people that have the Mud Grappler from Nitto, and they say they like them.... :dontknow: But, if you are driving all year (ie. snow and ice.), you will want a tire that has sipes in it (the grooves, or cuts in the lugs of the tread). The siping helps the tire grip to slippery surfaces. The Nitto DOES have some siping, but not much.

img_mudgrappler_3.jpg

Black1 said:
The MT Baja is a great tire... They have always been good tires. They are quiet on the road, have relatively good tire wear ratings, and are great for all weather.

baja_atz.jpg

I haven't heard much about the Kumho. ... Other than they are "new". :dontknow: It does look BADASS tho! :eek: :rock:

KL71.jpg

I know people that have the Mud Grappler from Nitto, and they say they like them.... :dontknow: But, if you are driving all year (ie. snow and ice.), you will want a tire that has sipes in it (the grooves, or cuts in the lugs of the tread). The siping helps the tire grip to slippery surfaces. The Nitto DOES have some siping, but not much.

img_mudgrappler_3.jpg

OK everything being equal(which they are not) ie price, sizes, warranty etc -
which would you choose for looks, durability, wear, and overall ease of maintenance?

Thanks Kevin

the nittos look MEAN!! I like the looks best of all.

I have the boggers on the krawler, they work really good, but on the street they are noisy, low miles, and imposible to keep balanced (over 10-15 oz off at a time LOL).

-Red

SHU-DOG said:
OK everything being equal(which they are not) ie price, sizes, warranty etc -
which would you choose for looks, durability, wear, and overall ease of maintenance?

Thanks Kevin

Well.... Hmmm.....

The Nitto and MT's are going to be about the same in price (with the MT being a little more expensive, but close). The Kumho is cheaper.

The MT is a trusted tire w/ many. It will do well both on, and off road. Also very well made and looks good. The Nitto, I don't care for the looks very much... But, I have heard that they are good tires (although a little noisy on the hwy.). The Kumho, like I said, I haven't heard anything about... But, DAMN they look good! :rock: And they are (relatively) cheap too. .... The only drawback other than being "new" is that they are directional. ... This means you can only get one rotation out of them before paying someone to remount them on the other side. ;)

This being said... the Mickeys would be the logical choice to me.... BUT- being the goober that I am for COOL SHIT :D ... I would try the Kumhos. :p :rock:

RedSrt007 said:
the nittos look MEAN!! I like the looks best of all.

I have the boggers on the krawler, they work really good, but on the street they are noisy, low miles, and imposible to keep balanced (over 10-15 oz off at a time LOL).

-Red

They are impressive looking on the right vehicle, for sure! :)

Try these Centramatic balancers for your krawler... They should take most of that imbalance out of the equation. ;) http://www.centramatic.com/index.html

And the Winner will be :flute:

I will go with the Kumho's.

KL71.jpg

DOOHHHHHH
the smallese size is a 37" x 13.5 on 20's or 38" x 15.5 on 20's.

Damn looks like i gottah get a lift now.

OK now looking at a minor lift of say 3-5 inches? Thoughts????

This is getting to be just as much truck.

DAMN

Sipping can be added after the fact. Google it, and you will see what I mean. http://www.sipers.com/sipers/testimonials.asp

I had it done on my SRT-10 after I drove in snow and Ice a few weeks back. it made a noticeable difference. The first day I was stopped in traffic and slid into the middle of the road for no reason. After the sipping was done, ice control was much improved.

Dale
Black1 said:

baja_atz.jpg

KL71.jpg

img_mudgrappler_3.jpg

hey shu-dog 35" will not fit without a 6" suspension lift.

i would recomend the m/t mtz's. the look more agressive then the atz's & ride better.

i work at 4wheel parts performance center in jacksonville, fl.

call me at 904-573-6200 i will be back in the store on the 27th. i can answer
any ?s u have.:)

dnett57 said:
hey shu-dog 35" will not fit without a 6" suspension lift.

i would recomend the m/t mtz's. the look more agressive then the atz's & ride better.

i work at 4wheel parts performance center in jacksonville, fl.

call me at 904-573-6200 i will be back in the store on the 27th. i can answer
any ?s u have.:)

A 6" lift. A 3" won't cut it huh?

Calling you on the 27th. I may not be till 29th as i have a huge job to do starting the 27th.

Let me c. I have pics of the Baja ATZ Radials. Let me c if I can find the MTZ from MT. OK looks like they are more aggressive than the ATZ. BUT the sizes are too large.

Looking for the wider square look. Not into the whole huge round baloon look.

Also hoping to not lift the truck for a while. Maybe just an inch or too. My brother has 4 girls all under 9 yrs old with twins at 5. So can't have them bustin up their mug gettin out of the truck.

Get me a name and an extension.

Thanks Kevin

i have the baja claw radials and love them'...bad ass look and suprisingly quiet on the street, when these wear out i definetaly will get another set:rock: i have the 315/75/16 (35 x 12.5 tire.actually a little wider than 12.5), be sure and get a wheel which has plenty of backspacing, so they don't stick out to far (hate that look), the closer to 5" backspacing the better);)

Attachments

• 900.jpg
    900.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 17
  • sony 017 750 PIX.jpg
    sony 017 750 PIX.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back