513 gears in quad cab

jay

Reaction score
I want to change my gears in the rear just wondering if anybody put 513 gears in quad cab and how they liked them.

I think it would make you unhappy....4.88s get mixed reviews...plus it would be more than just a plug & play...some modification would be needed....in other words $$$$$...

why guys don't like the 488

jay said:
why guys don't like the 488

Do some search....very few have been happy with 4.88s and about all of those have been manuals.....the low gear ratio would probably be hard on your auto too......you have a 4.56 now....spend your $$ on better mods..

FatJack has changed his rear end about a hundred times....he can give ya the skinny but his is a RC....haven't seen any talk about the QC, but it might be interesting.....it's too low with the tow/haul on and too high with it off. I've never like the combo....prolly better on gas but the ratio sucks as overall top gear is 3.15:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: Haven't figured it without the 4.56's.

just trying to get this truck to move. ran out of all the normal mods i guess the the next mod is a supercharger or turbo.

I did exhaust,cat delete sct from roe and a drop in k&n filter and still not happy.

how do you like the roe supercharger.

jay said:
just trying to get this truck to move. ran out of all the normal mods i guess the the next mod is a supercharger or turbo.
and then the shit happens , i think the Viper truck is fast enough with a SCT.

Sammy11 said:
and then the shit happens , i think the Viper truck is fast enough with a SCT.
Haha. Drive one with a supercharger and then get back to us.:)

I guess i will have to try to find some one in my area that has a supercharger and see if i can get ride in .I think my 300 horse street bike ruined me.

Last edited:
The 5.13's would make it quicker at the dragstrip and more fun to drive around town but I think you would get tired of them pretty quick.

DO you know if the 513 are to much for the street.As far as the truck wining out on the highway.

Thanks i will have to find that chart.

you only have 4 spds...so adding 513's would probably have you running out at 3 grand at 70 or so...the 4.56 in the 6spd has me at about 1800 at 80, i think....

plus, if you go with a really high rear end, it'll just be easier to roast the tires...which is not good for winning stoplight races...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back