611rwhp 693ft lbs SAE

outnumbered said:
Those numbers make it hard to justify spending the money on a supercharger. And the beauty is that the summer heat is now a non factor.

Or....build, supercharge and then spray!

I mean if you want to go...go!

Prof said:
Is your reference to "Jenny Craig Calipers" just your way of saying you spent 12 hours shaving them?

Yes :D Dont wish that job on anyone.

FerrariTruck said:
Nice Charles, care to share your set up and install?

NX 150 wet kit, very...very similar to JMB Justins ;) (thanks Justin!) Activating (windowing) with a VEC3. Nos hits from 3000 to 5500, VEC3 adding fuel 2500 - 4000, jetted for 11/1 AF at 5500 rpms. Also pulling a few degrees via VEC3 3000-5500.

You could get more out of it but I tuned it on the safe side. Not there is is ever a real "safe" Nos" tune but this is about as close as you can get.

This is one of the most well thought out builds we have seen. The combination of building for stress and conservative application of power adders is an admirable route.

This machine may well last forever.

Prof said:
This is one of the most well thought out builds we have seen. The combination of building for stress and conservative application of power adders is an admirable route.

This machine may well last forever.

Thanks ;) I hit my original goal in getting over 500rwhp N/A but short of my wish plan of 600rwhp N/A. I am also a big fan of S/C's but decided somewhere along the line that I wasnt going to go that route.

Anyway, I am pretty much done now. Its been fun modding it over the past two years :D

In regards to lasting forever :dontknow: ...I drive the piss out of this truck, road course, drag strip, fun trips to pick up a gallon of milk ;) If something breaks, then it will be while I was having fun :D

Pics!

Line lock

IMG_1884.jpg

3 gauge pillar, Raptor shift light, fuel pressure and AEM A/F

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

Recent additions of JMB's radiator and fuse box covers ;)

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

I know the truck is dirty but they have banned watering lawns and car washing due to the drought here in NC :(

Also a couple of phone pics of the Nos activation, heater and purge....Also installed a line lock safety switch :D

Attachments

• 10-31-07_1004.jpg
    10-31-07_1004.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 10-31-07_1005.jpg
    10-31-07_1005.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 31
I really like the black valve covers with the red wires. Look awesome!

with the nozzles so close to the intake runners, aren't you afraid that most of your NOS is blowing past the first 2 cylinders on each bank?

looks like a very nice setup!

CONGRATS CHARLES.... AWESOME.....:rock: :rock: :rock:
LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU GO TO ROCK.... I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR SETUP IN PERSON..... I'M GOING NOV. 11 TO A PHANTASM SHOW AT ROCK.... IT WILL BE THE LAST0NE FOR THE YEAR....

Charlie that looks great, may have to call Justin myself. BTW I like the bottle in the cab, in the past I have alway put mine where they are accessible.

AWDisuzu said:
with the nozzles so close to the intake runners, aren't you afraid that most of your NOS is blowing past the first 2 cylinders on each bank?

Thanks! ;)

Perhaps the 1st cylinder some but doubt both on each side. I think you may run into the opposite problem spraying before the T/B on the back cylinders.

very nice, It seems as if I made up my mind wether I wanted long tube headers or the vec..This is exactly the kind of setup I want to acheive the 6xx hp

AWDisuzu said:

My plugs look great with the same setup, and there are at least 3 trucks making over 600WHP (and 693+ WTQ) with this exact nozzle placement.
Justin

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back