65' Ford Mustang Coupe Restomod FOR SALE

BlackKnight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am selling my beloved 1965 Ford Mustang Coupe Restomod. I have had this car for almost 13 years and have put a great deal of time, money and detail into this vehicle that I’m sure any car enthusiast will undoubtedly appreciate. I built this car the way I’ve always imagined it would be and with every “another week” that came out of the shop manager’s tested the limits of my patience. But as we know, life has its own plan and thus I am forced to sell this one-of-a-kind black beauty. Almost every inch of this vehicle has been touched and upgraded in some way, so much that it would take forever to list everything. So I made a separate list of everything that was done and have attached it to this post. I will briefly describe some key areas and those interested can always ask for more.
The entire drivetrain, suspension, fuel system, electrical system and all the interior except the seats has been replaced. There is ice cold air conditioning where there was none before, disc brakes on all 4 corners and a modern audio system. Prior to the new paint and body work, the car was sandblasted to the original metal and worked from the ground up. The left rear quarter panel, right front fender and hood were replaced with OEM parts. The door handles were shaved and electric door poppers put in their place and the deck lid and rear taillight panels are fiberglass re-creations of the California Special look. Where original body parts could be used, they were, to ensure proper original fitment of all pieces. The grill is an aftermarket chrome grill with a hood-lock mechanism that requires a key to open the hood.
Underneath the hood you will find a fully-forged 5.0 block turned into a 347c.i. Stroker motor with all the bells and whistles. I built this motor with the intent to add a roots-type blower or turbo someday so no expense was spared; whomever buys this car can simply bolt it on and mash the gas. The motor is mounted to a 5-speed that can handle up to 600hp. Only ARP screws were used, the intake was port-matched to the heads, the motor was balanced and blueprinted and all the specs of the cam are in the attached word document. An MSD ignition system ensures a prompt start every time and the exhaust exits via stainless headers into a 3” pipe system complete with H-pipe and flowmasters that provide one of the nicest, meanest exhausts I’ve ever heard! Please enjoy the attached video clip.
Adjustable coil-overs on each corner provide a great ride with smooth, tight handling that eliminates those horrible leaf springs in the rear. Custom built steel driveshaft attaches to the original 9” rearend that houses a limited-slip differential with new axles and 3.50 gears.
A new 16 gallon steel tank, fuel and brake lines and external electric fuel pump provide the fuel to a Demon carb. A slab of tank armor protects the fuel tank and provides a barrier between it and the rear of the car should an accident occur. Underneath, you’ll find sub-frame connectors while inside the car you’ll notice a 4-point roll bar that is welded to the frame; these additions reduce body twist and provide improved handling and response.
Inside the car there’s a new dash with autometer gauges and a Kenwood deck. The original seats were upgraded with aftermarket headrests and the seatbelts were replaced with 5-point restraints that are bolted to the floor and secured to the roll bar. The carpet and headliner were replaced along with the panel behind the rear seat which provides the rear speakers. All 4 windows are electric and there is a Viper alarm system with hidden kill-switch and an electric kill feature built into remote. The battery is relocated to the trunk where it has a quick-disconnect key for added safety and security. A new Ididit steering column was also added along with all new clutch, brake and gas pedals with a finished and textured look.
There is so much more that’s been done but I think you get the picture. The car, as it looks now, only has 600 miles on it and I just changed the oil for the first time; the wheels still have the little stubs on them. I would love it if this awesome vehicle would go to someone who could appreciate what detail that’s gone into it but I will settle for someone who would take great care of it. I’m asking $32,000 and will entertain reasonable offers but please no low balls; having to sell is hard enough. The car is located in Tucson, AZ but was a California car up until January of this year (yes I have the original black & yellow license plates too). Thank you for reading this long description and please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have at [email protected]. I have a word document that contains all the vehicle details I can send by request.
Also, check out the following link for an exhaust sound clip!65' mustang start-up - YouTube

Victor

Attachments

• DSC05831-3.jpg
    DSC05831-3.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 6,252
  • DSC05830-1.jpg
    DSC05830-1.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 18,085
  • DSC05832-1.jpg
    DSC05832-1.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 1,304
  • DSC05834-1.jpg
    DSC05834-1.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 986
  • DSC05836-1.jpg
    DSC05836-1.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 922
  • DSC05837-1.jpg
    DSC05837-1.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 960
  • DSC05838-1.jpg
    DSC05838-1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 772
  • DSC05876-1.jpg
    DSC05876-1.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 2,007
  • DSC05839-1.jpg
    DSC05839-1.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 3,195
  • DSC05868-1.jpg
    DSC05868-1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 874
  • DSC05914-1.jpg
    DSC05914-1.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 610
that's a beauty...:drool:

gl with the sale.

sweet Mustang:rock::rock::rock:

good luck with the sell:rock:

Good luck with the sale. If I only had $32k burning a hole in my pocket.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back