'66 Ford GT-40

Back in the late 60's I use to work traffic control at Seattle International Raceway (now called Pacific Raceway) and I fondly remembered this Ford GT40 was at the track..red with white stripes. Talked to the driver one afternoon and he tried to get me involved into racing school and all about his car. Just remembered that cool GT40 and how I wanted one so bad..well at sixteen your thoughts are about cars, sports and girls in that order...;)

Replica or not, that'd ruin my day...The family and I were in Elkins, WV over Memorial Day weekend. I was gassing up at a Shell station and heard the rumble of V-8 open pipes coming down the road. A few seconds later, a gray colored GT-40 came by. Nice ride...

My friend Glen has a Cav GT40 replica Gulf edition. It's pretty cool but you have to be either short or very thin to fit in such a small car!

Was in Tennessee this weekend and the weather sucked. Torrential rain going down a steep mountain in a 10 is not fun...
I wonder if that was the reason for the traffic backup?

that is just plan sad if that was an original gt40

Update says it was a replica..but still $150K would bring me to tears if I lost control of it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back