695/805 on a 200 shot direct port on forged build

Venomous1 Racing bro. In other words....me . Haha would be glad to set you up something similar. :rock:

Scott, would you happen to have pics of the direct port setup? I'm looking into something to blow my upcoming tax refund on!

It's a forged, balanced, blueprinted engine with 9.2:1 compression. Direct port nitrous good for 400 shot. Price just north of $20k

Scott, I realize this was built with the intent to be sprayed but why is the compression so low? I thought nitrous worked well with higher compression and this motor was built with lower than stock compression??? Aren't we 9.6 stock?

Scott, I realize this was built with the intent to be sprayed but why is the compression so low? I thought nitrous worked well with higher compression and this motor was built with lower than stock compression??? Aren't we 9.6 stock?

When you do anything that increases cylinder pressure, i.e. turbo, supercharger, nitrous, it is always wise to lower compression.

Pretty much what Andy said. The owner planned from the jump to shoot 400 HP of spray on it so we built around that and the pressures it would see. :rock:

Pretty much what Andy said. The owner planned from the jump to shoot 400 HP of spray on it so we built around that and the pressures it would see. :rock:

Please don't take this wrong, you are doing phenomenal. It just seems crazy to drop $20k on a build that isn't making much more HP than a stock motor with bolt-ons unless you're spraying it!

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a little more compression and a little less spray? Wouldn't your peak HP be about the same but with more power just on motor!!??

Please don't take this wrong, you are doing phenomenal. It just seems crazy to drop $20k on a build that isn't making much more HP than a stock motor with bolt-ons unless you're spraying it!

You're forgetting this was on a mustang dyno not a dynojet that most use so these numbers seem low

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a little more compression and a little less spray? Wouldn't your peak HP be about the same but with more power just on motor!!??

You also have to take into consideration that the owner wanted to spray a 400 shot, so the compression drop was required to achieve his goal. If he only wanted to spray a 200 shot he may have been able to get away with keeping the stock compression ratio and factoring that into the tune.

I have spent 15k and I am doing it my self, 20k is a reasonable number for someone to do this "turn key." Little things add up quick in a build...

I have spent 15k and I am doing it my self, 20k is a reasonable number for someone to do this "turn key." Little things add up quick in a build...

you got that right the numbers add up real real real quick :).. especially the big things..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back