6th exhaust, still not happy, help

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive recently put x metal catless mids on my truck and the resonance is insane. There is an incredibly harsh rasp at 1800 and from 3800 till redline. I currently have flowmaster outlaws that sounded almost perfect before i took the front cats off and no resonator.

Ive experiemented with 6 different set up and my last sounded the best but i wanted the catless for the hp. How can i keep my volume and get rid of the rasp. A resonator or a glass pack? If so which name brand. As this is going to be my 7th i need something affordable. When i get the sound i want, im going with 3 inch mandrels all the way back with long tube headers. But i wanted to make sure i had the muffler set up sounding like i want. Help please:dontknow:

moparracing said:
closest you'll get a v-10 to sound like a v-8........ :rock:

why would u want a v-10 to sound like a v-8??? if you want v-8 get a hemi lol.... i think you would want your v-10 to sound like a v-10.. exotic?? would u not??

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
why would u want a v-10 to sound like a v-8??? if you want v-8 get a hemi lol.... i think you would want your v-10 to sound like a v-10.. exotic?? would u not??
it's got rumble like a v-8.......:rock:

if you want a ups truck, run magnaflow........ :D

:argh: I think you put both of your flip flops your missing in your sig pic in mouth on this one.... you wanna pay $2000 for a catback be my guest!! :p !!
moparracing said:
it's got rumble like a v-8.......:rock:

if you want a ups truck, run magnaflow........ :D

Craig said:
:argh: I think you put both of your flip flops your missing in your sig pic in mouth on this one.... you wanna pay $2000 for a catback be my guest!! :p !!
i did, sounds awesome.......:rock:

unlike the "big brown truck" sound, ya get what ya pay for !!!:D

If you say so i'll let u get back to your game of canasta!!:marchmellow:
moparracing said:
i did, sounds awesome.......:rock:

unlike the "big brown truck" sound, ya get what ya pay for !!!:D

Randy dont be a magnaflow hater!!!! LOL I actually thought the stock setup was the ups tone, and the magnaflow was a 100% improvement. Add x metal catless mids and its just freaken loud........good loud though. I get complements all the time. Cab noise......hell yeah!!

patrick

people want exhaust but no cab noise???? what in the heck are yall thinking thats why i got exhaust.. so i could hear it! i'm not a magna flow hater but i am going to try a few diffrent exhaust when i get my truck back!

mauiSRT/10 said:
Randy dont be a magnaflow hater!!!! LOL I actually thought the stock setup was the ups tone, and the magnaflow was a 100% improvement. Add x metal catless mids and its just freaken loud........good loud though. I get complements all the time. Cab noise......hell yeah!!

patrick
not a hater, bro....... magnaflow is better than stock. :D

Personally the best sound was when I was taking my catless mids off to go back to to stock. I started it up with just Bassani headers...you guys might have heard it in in Cali!!!! it was insanly loud

I had the same issue...total cat delete, Magnaflow and horrible buzz at certain rpm...

I put two Magnaflow Resonators in front of the muffler and solved the problem.

IMG_0441.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back