#7 misfire

spydertt

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last time at the track the engine misfired at the end of track and mph was off. The Nitrous was low ,but gauge was still in the green. I used SCT to return to stock tune. On the drive home my A/F was 11.8 - 12.2. The CEL came on P0307. Cleared code , drove 10 miles to shop, CEL stayed out. On the Snap On scanner #7 showed misfires but note enough to set code, Long term fuel trim was adding fuel. I smoke tested intake for vacuum leak at #7 port,OK, checked compression -good- installed new plug reset fuel adaptives. Started engine and while warming up same shit happens, #7 starts to misfire and fuel trims start adding fuel, still no CEL. Plug was wet and fuel trims indicate #7 not firing. Stuck a spark tester in #7 wire and started engine. NO SPARK. My question is why with the #7 plug wire unhooked wouldn't the check engine light come on? Time to order intake gasket and pull manifold.

I think if the plug wire comes loose you will get a coil related code. I would guess that if this is not happening then the plug wire is not loose but shorted somewhere. Check the area behind the heads where the wires are routed - they can get close to the exhaust.

I just had a similar problem with mine. But was #9 cylinder. Ended up being the plug wire wore a hole into it just under the back edge of the intake. Ran a new set and dozen passes down the track and a thousand miles since with no misfires.

Tony has a pretty nice set of wires that I think you might like. They are thick as hell.

Tony has a pretty nice set of wires that I think you might like. They are thick as hell.

Installed Tony's coils and wires a while back. I'm going to remove intake and see if I pinched a wire. Already contacted Tony he's going to hook me up.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back