70mm Turbo

1fast10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a welcome to the SRT world, my buddy is giving me a 70mm turbo. Here's my issue.... I am planning on keeping this truck for a very long time. I do not wanna wear the motor out or worse. He says viper motors love boost but then again he drives a SRT-4. So any advise on if I should even run it or how to run it... so on and so forth. I really appreciate it guys.

"Viper motors LOVE boost" ,I bet you will get alot of response about that! Lots os BOOST=B O O M ! ,unless you build motor to take it. I would look into deeply before putting it on,JMO.

You will need to build from the bottom up.

Forged rods and pistons. Spend a little more to have Gen IV main bearings machined with extra oiling holes.

A great idea but it has not been used by many is to go to thicker sleeves for the cylinders. Just adds strength and some additional ability to go over-sized when you re-build.

Plan your build and be sure that you check with the forum on the plan before you go forward.

You will need to find a great tuner...there are a couple in Jacksonville.

If you build yourself...do not go the cheap route. If you select a builder, (Underground Racing is close to you) go with what the builder has the most experience using.

You are about to start an endless trip...modification of these trucks is the vehicle equivalent of crack...once you are hooked...the dollars just keep mounting.

Good luck...and drive it like you stole it.

Last edited:
Hey thanks alot for the information... So what got from you guys is if I'm gonna run F/I, Dont just go slapping a turbo on there and call it a day. If I'm gonna do, do it right....

Good thinking...these engines (pistons specifically) are near the edge in stock form...the added pressure and temperatures will rapidly place an unwanted window in the side of #3 cylinder wall.

Plan your work, work your plan. It will scream...and you will love it.

there is much more to know about the turbo than just its a 70mm.It could be ok but could be all wrong.The A/R-the inlet flange size-ect..

Well as far as the turbo is concerned I really have no clue except the fact it's a 70mm. We're both deployed so when we do run into each other our convos are very shallow... all I know is it was too big for his car. So thats about it. hahahaha thanks guys...

1fast....what?...oh..sorry..I was having a flashback to another time with another member who used 1fast___,,,

Hey welcome to the RBC..And listen to Prof..hes a wise man..If you need parts or advice, or both, PM the Stink man...He has a twin turbo monster..well, it was a monster till he had...um...issues..But now he is building the Green Monilieshi..(sorry..bad Judas Priest reference there)...But anyway..Hes about the nicest redneck youll ever meet...
Oh..one more thing...Beware of the Sickness..

well maybe ask him the brand and if its a t3,t4,or t6 inlet flange.

Riff62 said:
1fast....what?...oh..sorry..I was having a flashback to another time with another member who used 1fast___,,,

Hey welcome to the RBC..And listen to Prof..hes a wise man..If you need parts or advice, or both, PM the Stink man...He has a twin turbo monster..well, it was a monster till he had...um...issues..But now he is building the Green Monilieshi..(sorry..bad Judas Priest reference there)...But anyway..Hes about the nicest redneck youll ever meet...
Oh..one more thing...Beware of the Sickness..
Oh shit, I hope this one is one faster.....

Agreed with Dom, 70mm would be a joke on these motors. If I remember right Stinker was running TWIN 63's. 70mm is a great turbo for your friends SRT-4, tell him to keep it.

OsirruZ said:
Agreed with Dom, 70mm would be a joke on these motors. If I remember right Stinker was running TWIN 63's. 70mm is a great turbo for your friends SRT-4, tell him to keep it.
even tonis turbos are iddy biddy lil guys:D

I think twin 70's would be the perfect way to go for a twin setup. Im thinking about doing a single setup on mine but it will be nothing short of a 55-91.

I appreciate the offer brother but I have one project too many right now. When the car is done Ill start on the truck.

Hey thanks guys... yea I'll prob stay N/A for a while and just enjoy the truck... like I said in the new members section I dont know who this "1fast__"
guys is... I'm just a guy who bought my SRT-10 the day before yesterday... and thats what Im gonna get the plate to say. Sorry if theres any confusion or I am stepping on anyones toes...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back