8.3 liter bomb

how did you manage to acomplish this task??? FI? NO2? and nope dont know of any books, but they are a fairly simple engine

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
how did you manage to acomplish this task??? FI? NO2? and nope dont know of any books, but they are a fairly simple engine
If it is a fairly simple engine, Why are we having trouble finding someone to do the rebuilds in a reasonable amount of time, And have them stay together afterwords? :dontknow:

Viper tax!!! BS, but I can believe it due to the amount of parts available and amount of demand. The engine build labor shouldn't be so high though? I would try my best to do everyhing other than machine work myself.

They really are a simple engine sort of like a Range Rover V8 but with a couple of cylinders bolted on.

thewelshm

yea it sucks man when i bought the truck used, i eventually found a bag with a bent pushrod and a broken spring. i kinda figured i was on borrowed time. as i am taken this motor apart i am finding that someone has been in here before i think it wasn't ever fixed right

JRSVIPR said:
If it is a fairly simple engine, Why are we having trouble finding someone to do the rebuilds in a reasonable amount of time, And have them stay together afterwords? :dontknow:

Without parts delays, John Edwards can turn them around pretty quickly. He uses Arrow Racing for machine work, and their turnaround time has been quite good. The engines are holding together quite nicely too, I might add.;)

After loosing a engine and then going through the long and super expensive rebuilding process heres my advice. What I would do is just buy a truck that has already had a built engine put into it and use yours as a lawn ornament.

Heres a perfect example of what I am talking about, I have more money into my rebuild than what the asking price is for this truck and this truck has turbos which mine doesnt.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39437

yellowfever#154 said:
After loosing a engine and then going through the long and super expensive rebuilding process heres my advice. What I would do is just buy a truck that has already had a built engine put into it and use yours as a lawn ornament.

Heres a perfect example of what I am talking about, I have more money into my rebuild than what the asking price is for this truck and this truck has turbos which mine doesnt.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39437
But its not that badass yellow!

fastestbrickonearth said:
yea it sucks man when i bought the truck used, i eventually found a bag with a bent pushrod and a broken spring. i kinda figured i was on borrowed time. as i am taken this motor apart i am finding that someone has been in here before i think it wasn't ever fixed right

yo bro - if you need a hand, give me a call.. ill come help - sorry to hear about ur ride - i hope it works out for you and shes back together b4 you know it

yea man viper i just might have to call u up one day soon lol. thanks for the offer. i am gonna have the motor out and apart next weekend. so i will have a good idea on what i need then off to the machine shop. do u have one around here u recomend?

JRSVIPR said:
aren't *most* engine faliures on here blamed on tuning and not the actual build though? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back