9 lbs

Speed Racer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sean,
Stinker and pirateman are in the process of doing all the hardening of internals on the truck. It already has a competion tranny. I told them I'd like to go to 9lbs of boost on the Roe for a power adder. They are taking all the precautions they can think of. Anything you might recommend? I am planning on having PBJ in St. Louis tune it or you guys if I can get to FL.

Perry

upgrade to a VEC3 so you can monitor AITs...other than that dont go voerkill on the engine and dont do to much head work. i would just forge it, and put on a 8# pulley if you want 9#s...
if it were me, forge the engine, get dual walbro 255 pumps in the tank, upgrade the fuel system and run a 10#...with a conservetive tune you should get about 660-680rwhp and a ton of torque.

LoveThisTruck said:
Do you need to upgrade the fuel system to run 10lbs???
not sure about using a BAP, but i would not want to. also what size are the injectors!

BurntRubber said:
not sure about using a BAP, but i would not want to. also what size are the injectors!

Injectors? Hell I dont know:eek: The ones that came with the blower:D I think people on here are running the 10#s on with the fuel system stock minus the injectors. I don't believe Prof did anything to his:dontknow:

I have the 10LB....when it was tuned last summer I had no fuel problem. But when we put it on the dyno at the Macon GTG I started leaning out at about 4700 RPM.....we figured it must have been border line here and the low elevation (300') and temp (40s) in Macon put it over....Elevation here is 1500" and it was in the 80s when tuned.....

I am trying adding 2 pumps to the outside of the tank (same as Paxton setup) with no modification to the rest of the system....will install if it ever quits raining here..

TNVIPER said:
I have the 10LB....when it was tuned last summer I had no fuel problem. But when we put it on the dyno at the Macon GTG I started leaning out at about 4700 RPM.....we figured it must have been border line here and the low elevation (300') and temp (40s) in Macon put it over....Elevation here is 1500" and it was in the 80s when tuned.....

I am trying adding 2 pumps to the outside of the tank (same as Paxton setup) with no modification to the rest of the system....will install if it ever quits raining here..

Thanks for that info... let us know how thoes pumps work out for you:rock:

LoveThisTruck said:
Thanks for that info... let us know how thoes pumps work out for you:rock:

I hope it works.....will save me over a $1K compared to going the complete fuel system change.....Sean said it should do the job..

TNVIPER said:
I hope it works.....will save me over a $1K compared to going the complete fuel system change.....Sean said it should do the job..

should work. i was pointing out that if I were building my motor, i would make sure my fuel system was more than "adequate". it would suck for it to go boom because he went to lean up top. plus if one pump goes you still have another, you will have strong fuel pressure and the ability to run a 100 shot on the top with out worrying about fuel.
I would spend my money on that rather than head work!

but yes larry is right it is not "needed", just a precaution.

BurntRubber said:
should work. i was pointing out that if I were building my motor, i would make sure my fuel system was more than "adequate". it would suck for it to go boom because he went to lean up top. plus if one pump goes you still have another, you will have strong fuel pressure and the ability to run a 100 shot on the top with out worrying about fuel.
I would spend my money on that rather than head work!

but yes larry is right it is not "needed", just a precaution.

According to Sean and some others the system I am doing should be good for 7xx HP....I expect to be around 650 when all is done so I should be well within the safe zone...and I will be running 3 pumps....but if I was going for 700+ I would redo the whole fuel system as you said..as a precaution......

TNVIPER said:
According to Sean and some others the system I am doing should be good for 7xx HP....I expect to be around 650 when all is done so I should be well within the safe zone...and I will be running 3 pumps....but if I was going for 700+ I would redo the whole fuel system as you said..as a precaution......

i know that you said that i said that you said that i said it was a precaution. thats what i said.
i think my post came accross wrong. i was agreeing with you, but if he were going to try and max out the roe he should be certain of small things (fuel system, boost lines, tuning) while he is doing his build.
i know the fuel system is good from the factory, didnt know it could handle that.

BurntRubber said:
i know that you said that i said that you said that i said it was a precaution. thats what i said.
i think my post came accross wrong. i was agreeing with you, but if he were going to try and max out the roe he should be certain of small things (fuel system, boost lines, tuning) while he is doing his build.
i know the fuel system is good from the factory, didnt know it could handle that.

Yes, I agree that you said you agreed and then I agreed that you agreed with my agree.....:p .........anyway, I think you are advising dont spend $12K building an engine and then run out of gas....fuel system should be part of the build...over building the fuel system is in the same catagory as forging the engine for more HP than you expect....just plain smart..

TNVIPER said:
Yes, I agree that you said you agreed and then I agreed that you agreed with my agree.....:p .........anyway, I think you are advising dont spend $12K building an engine and then run out of gas....fuel system should be part of the build...over building the fuel system is in the same catagory as forging the engine for more HP than you expect....just plain smart..

now your calling me smart?:D

lets get this thing back on track!

Perry's engine is a straight forward build, rods good for 1200hp, coated bearings, forged pistons staying around the facotory compression, and the only thing with the heads that are being done is a new set of valves and springs and pushrods, and a good comp cam.

other than that , he may need to later upgrade the fuel system.

but he stated he was gonna give it a good break in period, then take it to Joe to have it tuned.

He should have a strong running QC by the time its over

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back