93 oct or Jack Daniels?

DevilDawg3097

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a good article to share. I give them alot of credit for thinking way out of the Box:rock: :rock:

One for the Road:Scottish scientists make biofuel from whisky byproducts

Published August 18, 2010
| Associated Press
LONDON – LONDON (AP) — How about a whisky to go?
Scientists say they have developed biofuel for cars from waste produced in distilling Scotch whisky.
Researchers at Edinburgh Napier University have produced a type of fuel called butanol using "pot ale" — the liquid residue from copper stills — and "draff," or leftover grain.
They say it can be used in ordinary cars without adapting the engines. And unlike some biofuels, it is made from waste products and does not require a crop to be grown.
The researchers say they have filed a patent for the fuel, and plan to set up a company to get it into British gas stations.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/08/18/road-scottish-scientists-make-biofuel-whisky-byproducts/

Cool, only problem is when you get pulled over your car is gonna smell like booze

So does this mean we can now keep open containers in the car! Like no officer i wasn't drinking, it all went in the tank!

I don't see how JD and JB would not jump all over this. As much whiskey they make, they could put the arabs out of business:p :elefant: :rock: Now find a way to turn piss into fuel (if you dont get knocked off) you could rule the world:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back