A/C problem

J.Cunningham

Reaction score
today i realized why im always freezing and my wife still wants more A/C. it is only blowing cold on driver side. pasenger side is maybe cool at best, also not really blowing as hard... dual climate control with both sides set to max cold and blower on highest setting. any body experience and or fix this issue before?

Had 3 rams, all did that when the freon is low... Super cold on drivers side, warmer on passenger.

Had the same problem in my '02 Ram---I am told it is the same system as ours---and simply flushed (real good) the entire cooling system including the heater core. Not sure why this worked but it did. :dontknow:

Mine did it and the dealer said it was the blend door. Replaced it and 6 month later it does the same. She's always cold anyways so we both just keep ours both on the coldest setting and we are happy.
Maybe add one of these to her side if it gets too warm.
maxresdefault.jpg

Probably the blend door is stuck and/or broken. Remove the blower fan , reach in and rip that door out! that's the easy fix. those that are still ok are advised to move the temp controllers together. try not to make one side cooler than the other. It will last longer

what???? your windows don't roll down???:D

Mine did it and the dealer said it was the blend door. Replaced it and 6 month later it does the same. She's always cold anyways so we both just keep ours both on the coldest setting and we are happy.
Maybe add one of these to her side if it gets too warm.
maxresdefault.jpg

hilarious. but theres no space for that in my truck and the ice would melt so fast here in Texas. Im going to check the blend door tonight.

Probably the blend door is stuck and/or broken. Remove the blower fan , reach in and rip that door out! that's the easy fix. those that are still ok are advised to move the temp controllers together. try not to make one side cooler than the other. It will last longer

ill try that out tonight. any tips on how exactly to know if what im grabbing is blend door. what is the blend door for exactly? i thought it was just for recirculate. i did find a chunck of plastic in my A/C fan when i got the truck mabey that was part of said blend door...

Had the same problem in my '02 Ram---I am told it is the same system as ours---and simply flushed (real good) the entire cooling system including the heater core. Not sure why this worked but it did. :dontknow:

by cooling system you mean the engine cooling system? dont really see how this would effect the dual climate control system. which im thinking has something to do with it since my side is cold as ice and hers is not even close... its interesting that that worked for you. guess it has to do with the heater core.

Had 3 rams, all did that when the freon is low... Super cold on drivers side, warmer on passenger.

thats interesting, i wonder why. ill have to check pressure on A/C later this week. i didnt think it was a freon issue since my side is really cold

thats interesting, i wonder why. ill have to check pressure on A/C later this week. i didnt think it was a freon issue since my side is really cold

I'll bet 20 bucks you are low on Freon. Rams, all Rams are notorious for a small seepage leak in the Schrader valve that A/C gauges hook up to.

A fix? That aint a fix brother. Homer Simpson would be proud of that method of "fixing" something.

Will both sides go from full hot to cold with the blower running? Try one side at a time. That should tell you if the blend air door is even moving.
Mine did the warm pass side thing when I first turned it on. I can of 134A took care of it.

ok guys, ill check the freon and blend door as soon as i get a chance. It will go from hot to cold on pasenger side with control. Driving today i noticed it was cold on pasenger side, just not blowing as well and still didnt seem as cold as driver side... Thanks for all the help. ill let you know what i find. just not sure when il get around to it.

Last edited:
ok guys, ill check the freon and blend door as soon as i get a chance. It will go from hot to cold on pasenger side with control. Driving today i noticed it was cold on pasenger side, just not blowing as well and still didnt seem as cold as driver side... Thanks for all the help. ill let you know what i find. just not sure when il get around to it.

The recirculation door is just above the fan. Removing that eliminates the max ac function, if you live anywhere hot your ac will really suck ass. The only acceptable halfassery when thst foor breaks is to fasten it diwn keeping it in recirculation mode full time.

The freon does weep out over time so every other summer its a good idea to charge the ac at a shop. Having had 3 rams that when low on freon the drivers side is ice cold and the passenger side goes back and forth between cold and lukewarm...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back