A/C Removal

cyalata

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nebody other than Dom done this or does ne1 have a clue on what kinda bs i will run into looking for all the pointers i can get:)

cyalata said:
nebody other than Dom done this or does ne1 have a clue on what kinda bs i will run into looking for all the pointers i can get:)

been checkin on this for awhile now.

never has been an a/c delete for the gen 3, car or truck.

have checked with several parts places, belt manufactures & Sean @ Roe. no listins for less a/c.

a couple of places said there is a possible different crank pulley with no a/c & most say its just a shorter belt. i tend to agree with the latter.

have taken some measurments & got a couple of belt numbers, but thats as far as i have gotten.

wonder if Dom would post what belt he runs, if he did not put anything in its place.

someone here did post this photo though:dontknow: :rock:

Attachments

• 7A_640.jpg
    7A_640.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 50
sweet sweet im doin some reasearch on the matter right now i should have this fig out soon

cyalata said:
sweet sweet im doin some reasearch on the matter right now i should have this fig out soon

good deal. interestin to see what ya find:rock: :rock:

seems like i came up with a 65" & a bit of change length belt.

think my notes are in my tool box, i hope lol

were ya just goin to remove to the firewall or the whole system????

ZCx said:
good deal. interestin to see what ya find:rock: :rock:

seems like i came up with a 65" & a bit of change length belt.

think my notes are in my tool box, i hope lol

were ya just goin to remove to the firewall or the whole system????

prob whole system:D

err76 said:
Just curious, why?

mine is a bit of weigh savins & weight off the nose:rock: :rock: :rock:

don't use it any way:D

Matt Devildawg3097 has AC delete on his Roe truck;) He picked up some nice HP with it to:D I myself gotta have AC so it's stayin:D

kyle's srt10 said:
Matt Devildawg3097 has AC delete on his Roe truck;) He picked up some nice HP with it to:D I myself gotta have AC so it's stayin:D
Yup the funny thing is I believe we ended up using a mustang belt:elefant: I did it to get more rpms out of the ROE (;) I dont use the a/c during the summer cuz I dont drive the truck if it is 85 or above) on a FI the hotter it gets outside, the more you defeat the purpose of FI. Whole other topic:p but with you being ROE'ed I would bet you another 2-3psi's with the pulley you have now. When I get the right belt size I will post it up. Some more tweaks coming soon, winter is coming:elefant:

I got an A/C delete belt on mine for the track, will post up belt size tomorrow

Saw that in the thread, tried to delete my post but must have not done it correctly, sorry.

sweet imput guys im thanking of maybe modding new pulleys for the whole blower setup maybe switch to a wide belt! jus got see how the machine shop at work feels about hooking me up

DevilDawg3097 said:
Yup the funny thing is I believe we ended up using a mustang belt:elefant: I did it to get more rpms out of the ROE (;) I dont use the a/c during the summer cuz I dont drive the truck if it is 85 or above) on a FI the hotter it gets outside, the more you defeat the purpose of FI. Whole other topic:p but with you being ROE'ed I would bet you another 2-3psi's with the pulley you have now. When I get the right belt size I will post it up. Some more tweaks coming soon, winter is coming:elefant:

Just curious, why would deleting the A/C give you more boost? With the A/C turned off, it shouldn't cause any belt slip. Are you putting a larger crank pulley on it or something?

WOT said:
Just curious, why would deleting the A/C give you more boost? With the A/C turned off, it shouldn't cause any belt slip. Are you putting a larger crank pulley on it or something?
Yup supercharger driven speed is governed by the crank pulley, the ac compressor has nothing to do with it. Or changing the top pulley, with the ac off the freewheeling clutch robs very little power..:dontknow:
Joe...

is there such a thing as "belt speed" like in piston speed???:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

shorter belt, quicker laps, less horsepower to turn a shorter belt ?????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

The "lap" time of the shorter belt will be shorter, but the linier speed will not change from what it was before, you are not changing the ratio between the blower and the crank, if it was 8:1 "just an example" before the ac delete, it will still be 8:1 after, no matter how long the belt is it still runs over the crank pulley at the same rate removing accessories in the drive system will not increase this rate. Think of it this way, if you remove the derailer on a ten speed bike does that change how hard you have to pedal? :dontknow: It won't. Or how about this if you ran your truck at 55mph on a tri oval (3) turns, then ran it at 55mph on a true oval (2) turns, did your truck increase in speed? Or did your "improved" lap time come from the shorter track? Same principal. Hope this helps...
Joe....

good splainin:rock: :rock:

was just wonderin. like with all things 2 & 4 wheel machines we love so much, there always seems to be way more to it than what meets the eye.
:rock: :rock: :rock:

but which takes more effort, to pull a long rope or a short one:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back