A couple worries

Snake_Charmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my truck a few weeks ago and have been working out the kinks. I have an 05 50k QC. I am using mobil 1 0w30. just did its first oil change and my oil pressure is 25psi at idle. Normal? it tracks with RPM increase. second... when I did the oil change i noticed oil leaking from the oil lines to the left of the engine i believe they go to the cooler. Any one have this problem? Third issue.... I keep getting random break abs light and random airbag light. I rebuilt the front brakes day 2 of having the truck.

0w-40 or 5w-40 for your area might be a bit better

oil cooler lines is a real common prob for our beasts. JTSVP, a vendor here, has ready made high quality replacement lines & also p/s line replacements.

be a big help to plug in & see which ABS sensor is actin up. AutoZone or the like can read it for ya

I just picked up my truck a few weeks ago and have been working out the kinks. I have an 05 50k QC. I am using mobil 1 0w30. just did its first oil change and my oil pressure is 25psi at idle. Normal? it tracks with RPM increase. second... when I did the oil change i noticed oil leaking from the oil lines to the left of the engine i believe they go to the cooler. Any one have this problem? Third issue.... I keep getting random break abs light and random airbag light. I rebuilt the front brakes day 2 of having the truck.

Oil pressure is ok, living in FL you could definitely use a little heavier oil. Everybody has problems with their oil lines! Go to JTSVP.com and order new ones. As for the lights coming on... could be many things. ABS censor?

0-40 at least, but 15-50 is better for warm/hot climate, OE white Viper filter also, JTSVP for lines or hydraulic hose shop(a member here made mine, industrial style) Warning lights need to be scanned, Autozone is a good idea, they check for free.... Good luck, keep us posted.....

Yea I was taking a long trip and decided last min to take my truck. so decided to do a oil change at 10pm. walmart only had 0w30 :( so my next change will be planned and will be using 40. I plan on stopping at a buddies house tonight to see if his scanner will show anything with the brakes.

Oil pressure is ok, living in FL you could definitely use a little heavier oil. Everybody has problems with their oil lines! Go to JTSVP.com and order new ones. As for the lights coming on... could be many things. ABS censor?

Yup like they said, but I'd use 15/50 mobil1 and jack up your front end and spin/move wheels see if you feel any roughness. Likely a wheel bearing speed sensor being set off by a bad bearing harmonics. Yup a few of us carry new
Lines for your beast :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back