A/F Ratio?

ralphie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just hooked up my AEM A/F Ratio gauge, and at WOT, it said 11.2-12.6.....Is this a safe tune? Rich, Lean ? I'm running Torries #2 Med. Octane Tune...thnx...Ralphie :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Just hooked up my AEM A/F Ratio gauge, and at WOT, it said 11.2-12.6.....Is this a safe tune? Rich, Lean ? I'm running Torries #2 Med. Octane Tune...thnx...Ralphie :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

11.2 I very rich, especially NA. 12.6 is good but still a tad rich. Prolly just a safe tune.

If you are cruzing along then you floor it and gauge dips to 11.2 and as rpms come up it gets to 12.6 your good to go ,just a tad rich ,but would improve if you can get a dyno tune somewere and a tad more HP .;)

12.6 is a hair lean! The lower the # the richer, the higher the # the leaner it's going! Around 14.7 idle and steady rpm while moving is where you want to be at.
My truck is a 8 psi Paxton truck and I'm at 11.3 at WOT

Another Q about A/F...!

Thanx for the answers...I really appreciate it. At idle or steady RPM driving down the road, it fluctuates between 14.7-15.3 Is this normal? I just want to make sure the gauge is working correctly and everything else it ok..! Thnx again

Thanx for the answers...I really appreciate it. At idle or steady RPM driving down the road, it fluctuates between 14.7-15.3 Is this normal? I just want to make sure the gauge is working correctly and everything else it ok..! Thnx again

Sounds good bro! Best would be to get her on a dyno with a wideband and make a few pulls to see EXACTLY where it's at and reference your gauge based off that.:burnout:

Yeah that's really good, it will bounce around from 14.0-15.6 aprox.

I really appreciate the feedback everyone. I really don't know chit about this A/F Ratio stuff. The last thing I want, is to burn this engine down..!!!!! Thnx again...Ralphie

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back