A few inexpensive mods....

72Duster

Reaction score
Hello to all, just purchased my truck (04 RC silver) a few weeks ago..
Trolled around the site for a few weeks learning what i could:pcguru:
Made the following changes.
installed a K&N drop in
cut the side out of the air box, it seemed that the big restriction was the hole in the side, basically i doubled the size of the hole, and resealed for cold air, modified the the grill air divert er to move more air behind the head light.
installed a 4.7 k ohm in the IAT sensor wire
had the rear cats cut out, (71 bucks) and no inspection in my state..
when i got the truck it would almost break the tires loose from a rolling stomp in low...
now i can best describe it as fully boiling them from a 10 MPH stomp!!!

I have learned a lot from you guys... dont know if i will do any more mods for a while, but what i have done has really perked up my truck...
Thinking about maybe a new TB......
it never really ends.... once you start does it:)

thanks..
Paul

a cat back would be a very very nice addition to your mods so far:rock::rock::burnout:

i will takes some pics of the air box and the grill mod... Not exactly pretty, but cheap very easy and effective...

pics of the air box and grill mod, if you put your hand near the stock AB hole even with the engine idling, you can feel a ton of air moving in... after several guys reported great results with a K&N drop in, i figured that this would be a good mod, if you don't cutting up a stock box.... There is also a plastic "air guard"(for lack of better words) inside the fender that must be opened. I used a dremel tool. This along with the grill mod made a noticeable seat of pants improvement....

Attachments

• PICT0793.JPG
    PICT0793.JPG
    733.3 KB · Views: 242
  • PICT0794.JPG
    PICT0794.JPG
    732.6 KB · Views: 242
  • PICT0795.JPG
    PICT0795.JPG
    700.8 KB · Views: 228
I have a stock airbox if anyone doesnt want to cut into there oem ones and wants to try doing this mod

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back