a few ?s for a new guy!!!!!!

DODGE01

Reaction score
im about to buy one these crazy ass truck..:rock: .and i have few ?s for some of yall that have been in the seat for a while..
1..dependability
2..reliability
3..and life expectansy before HUGE problems start.

The truck will be my DD.Is this some truck that i can easily put 100k miles on or am i buying a over-rated sink hole for my wallet?.Any help would be great thank...O btw its not going to be track driven or dumping clutches at every stop light.im going to just DRIVE it..;) sometimes

There's a few guys on here that use them as company (work) trucks. This truck is just like anything else - be good to it, and it will be good to you. Keep the thing well maintained and you'll be fine.

Been one of the best, most dependable vehicles I have ever owned. 43000 miles no problems. Of course now I really baby my truck.:D :D

There are a few people with 80-90k miles with no problems. I think there's somebody on here who's over 100 now. I forget who:dontknow: but you should be fine man

I use mine as a DD as well. Got 51k and no serious issues. Front pads/rotors and a clutch. Normal wear and tear stuff.

Roz-SRT said:
There's a few guys on here that use them as company (work) trucks. This truck is just like anything else - be good to it, and it will be good to you. Keep the thing well maintained and you'll be fine.

What he said. If you leave it stock or only lightly modded you will get excellent reliability out of it.

ChrisAZ said:
What he said. If you leave it stock or only lightly modded you will get excellent reliability out of it.

Thats what i was thinking.But some of these guys on here have some huge problems with there.Is that cuz they beat the shit outa them?All i really was going to do was exuhast,chip,gears,clutch upgrade,and maybe a short throw shifter.I really want it to last.

I beat the shit out of mine - but I DO take care of it. One thing I strongly believe in: IF it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm still running the stock clutch, shifter, hydraulics and PCM.

Roz-SRT said:

This would pretty much be my opinion/advice also! Good Luck!! :rock:

I lost a power steering unit at 2998 miles, got 19K on it now and nothing has gone wrong. It's a daily driver and been driven on some long trips. Just like every other Chrysler product I've ever owned (just a lot more fun), I'm on my 13th Mopar and never had problems with any of them.

Mines a DD, 36,000 miles; four clutches, two tranny's, two sets of front pads, three sets of tires, and a 80$ oil change... and it's still my DD!

....this thing is like crack!

Roz-SRT said:
I'm with Roz on this one. (even though he's been chintzy with the cat pics lately):p Oh well, his old avitar makes up for it.:)

BigRed460 said:
Mines a DD, 36,000 miles; four clutches, two tranny's, two sets of front pads, three sets of tires, and a 80$ oil change... and it's still my DD!

....this thing is like crack!

This man is a BRUTAL shifter!........................no other way to bust mid 12's in a stock truck!:rock:

bigike said:
This man is a BRUTAL shifter!........................no other way to bust mid 12's in a stock truck!:rock:

Hell yea.................what is this guying doing:dontknow: ,,,HOLY SHIT..4 clutches,2 trannys.:dontknow:

26K miles. daily driver. only normal wear and tear/maintenance (tires, brakes. etc). i have the basic bolt ons and have had no issues yet. most enjoyable miles i have ever driven.

dude, no problems at all man, 21k have not changed the pads, rotors, i do change the oils 500-800 miles less than recommended, but thats just me. dont beat on it, use the power when needed and it will treat you just fine:rock: remember this is an "all motor" truck, no charger, no turbo, thats reliable in itself......good luck.:D

55k on mine now, i've put the last 40k in about 18 months..beat it every now and again, change oil when i should, 3 sets of brakes, about to be my second clutch (surprised it's lasted this long) about to be the third set of tires...absolutely the most reliable ANYTHING i've ever owned...so far....and did i mention...i'm a contractor, and i've been towing/working out of it since day 1...and a few of my buddy's have race cars...that i somehow keep hauling around

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back