A little help needed for build direction

mxzx440

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am pretty new at this, only had the truck since the middle of May. So I am looking for stuff to do to it for performance mods. I would like it somewhere around 500 - 550 rwhp. Its an 04 rc and its black. I got the magnaflow on it, and just got a k&n drop-in since a friend had one. So I was wondering what i should do after this, I got a little bit planned out such as catless mids. But I was wondering what would be a good way to go from here. Such as upgrading clutch, shifter, etc. Basically looking for a good order to add stuff to the truck to build it up to where I want it. Just got a good bonus from work (gotta love the oilfield), which part of it is going into my boat but saved a good portion for the truck. I got all my visual mods planned like blacking out the truck lights, tint lowering and such, so just some help would be appreciated in the performance department. Thanks. And any shops known around Alberta say in Edmonton to help would be nice to, gotta love living in Saskatchewan for that.

Finish your exhaust...go catless, add mopar long tube headers.

Centerforce clutch, Viper Slave and Master Cyl., and Boomers Gen IV shifter.

Cal tracs, drive shaft loop.

Then decide if you want to go FI or not...

That should keep you busy for a few months.

Well being that we both have o4 Black RC's............if you dont plan on FI.....then just follow my mods. I love em!!! Its a competly different animal from when it was stock.

patrick

Your gonna have to either do heads and cam, nitrous or a supercharger to get in the 500-550 rwhp area. With full bolt on's you will probably only hit 470 rwhp or so unless you lucked out and got a factory freak.

Also, as far as the N/A build goes, you can achieve 550 rwhp with a cam and ported OEM heads but the truck will be a turd on the street and track. The cam profile needed to make the big hp numbers will not have much torque (which is what we need most).

Or you can spend 6k on JM Stryker heads and you can get to 550 without sacrificing the torque.:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back