A New Venture?

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about starting a new business..This would be initially a part time deal doing design and fabrication of structural fiberglass platforms, walkways, etc. I have identified a target market, competition, and am working somewhat on a business plan. I have some potential investors lined up, and even a few projects in the works already.
I am initially thinking of converting a bedroom of my house to an office, and using a friends place of business to do fabrication. Eventually, if things took off, I would buy or lease space for everything. I have to check into the local rules regarding the legalities of a home based thing, but dont think it will be a big deal to have an office here.
I havent come up with a name yet, or committed anything other than this post to paper and discussed the idea in general. So far, everyone is positive.
I am looking at the SBA and Score for guidance in general, and doing alot of reading about potential issues, such as accounting, lawyers, etc.
So, I guess, I just want to hear from you guys about any advise you might have for a start up. Is now a bad time to think about starting something economy wise?..I know all about the time commitment, money concerns, etc..Believe me..If I didnt think I was ready to do this, I wouldnt.
Any ideas for names are appreciated..I was thinking something like,..well, Im stuck..I want something edgy, projects power,strength...I dont know..something like
SRT Design..That sort of thing...although that seems like a ripoff..lol
Anyway, comments welcome..

Matt

Meat Hammer Inc....Golden Eye Designs....FUYFF :D .....FiberRiff....Bridge over troubled waters...Kiss Platforms....Rifferific.....Walk this Way Fabrication and Designs.....Suspense....Shamwow.....Snuggie Platforms.....Riffenburg Designs....Tonsil Tickler LTD......Gloryhole Solutions....I can't believe it's not steel...Man I bettter get a bird dog if you use one of my ideas. :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back