A Productive Weekend

Venom Power

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t sure whether to place this under performance mods or visual, so if it’s in the wrong place I hope the moderators correct me.

As some of you may know I spent the entire weekend on #1900 relaxing, enjoying, dodging, cursing and smiling. Between installing her Magnaflow catback, cleaning her wheel wells and wheel backs, painting her calipers, washing, waxing AND implementing her SCT tune, the efforts were well worth it. The only hard parts were dealing with lug nuts so tight my impact wrench couldn’t remove them, so I bent a tire tool taking them off by hand and there was a pesky hornet that was just asking to get its azz kicked. Oh and the cheap paint brush that came with the caliper paint kit broke so I was forced to use a toothbrush to finish the driver side. But the pictures are below because this wouldn’t be complete without some visual aid… Plus she started posing so enjoy.

Okay so heeeeere we go…
CaliperPainting001.jpg

CaliperPainting002.jpg

CaliperPainting004.jpg

CaliperPainting005.jpg

CaliperPainting006.jpg

CaliperPainting007.jpg

CaliperPainting008.jpg

CaliperPainting009.jpg

CaliperPainting011.jpg

A before picture….
CaliperPainting015.jpg

Another before picture.. These things looked terrible…
CaliperPainting016.jpg

CaliperPainting017.jpg

CaliperPainting018.jpg

CaliperPainting021.jpg

CaliperPainting023.jpg

Time to get these wheels back on….
CaliperPainting025.jpg

The down sides to my experience all in one place…
CaliperPainting029.jpg

Anyone need a tooth brush?
CaliperPainting030.jpg

Catback
CaliperPainting031.jpg

CaliperPainting032.jpg

CaliperPainting033.jpg

CaliperPainting034.jpg

CaliperPainting035.jpg

CaliperPainting036.jpg

CaliperPainting038.jpg

CaliperPainting039.jpg

Time to try it out….
CaliperPainting043.jpg

Proud to wear this badge….
CaliperPainting045.jpg

Love the mirrors and handles,:D
The truck looks beautiful,Now it probably sounds as good as it looks!!!:rock:

when you put the wheels back on, did you torque them correctly? that should help with bending the lug wrench...

Home come your Magnaflow cat back doesn't look like mine?:dontknow: Yours pipes aren't mandrel bent, and your muffler is all dirty. Did you have the pipes made up at a muffler shop.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :marchmellow:

:congrats: :congrats: Were you raised in a damn barn? You don't use an impact on those high dollar wheels!!!!

Truck looks AWESOME !
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Thank for the positive comments guys. I'm glad I got your approvals for the effort. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining about the work. It was a weekend well spent. Hopefully next week I'll be installing some much needed A/F and D-pic gauges from the Stinkmeister:D.... Since I have nothing else to do before I leave to Norway again.

amtrucker22 said:
Very nice! What did you do to prep the calipers?

The calipers came with a caliper cleaner. But I used Gunk and then sanded the old paint off before applying the new stuff. Toothbrushes will make it a bit more challenging.

sleeper said:
Home come your Magnaflow cat back doesn't look like mine?:dontknow: Yours pipes aren't mandrel bent, and your muffler is all dirty. Did you have the pipes made up at a muffler shop.

I had the Magnaflow mufflers before, so I found the Magnaflow 3â€￾ mufflerback:dontknow: then had the local muffler shop whip together the rest out of 3â€￾ piping.

davo19 said:
when you put the wheels back on, did you torque them correctly? that should help with bending the lug wrench...

The torque stick is an 80Lbs. deal. Next the torque wrench was set to about 86lbs and put to work. I then re-torqued them all to 95 after a test drive. Is that figure correct?:confused:

LoveThisTruck said:
Very nice:rock: Are those aftermarket handles and mirrors? or did you paint them??

Handles and mirrors are OEM but sanded down smooth then sprayed.

Venom Power...Those wheels look great!!! What size and type are they? Also your tire sizes?

Am I looking at the future "TOTM"
That is one good looking ride, what kind of wheels
are those, I'd like to have something like them for my truck

1badnightrunner said:
Am I looking at the future "TOTM"
That is one good looking ride, what kind of wheels
are those, I'd like to have something like them for my truck
That would be an honor since #1900 has never been nominated for TOTM. The wheels are from Liquid Metal and are discontinued unfortunately. Apparently they only made gloss black and polished aluminum in this style for our trucks. But someone had two sets special ordered and then decided they didn’t want them when they were ready. These wheels were then sitting in a Wisconsin warehouse until I started inquiring for them. If you go to the Liquid Metal website you’ll see what I mean. So when I bought them they HAD to sell the set at discontinued prices... Not even $1k.. for 22's? Man it was like it was meant to be.

Trainman said:
Venom Power...Those wheels look great!!! What size and type are they? Also your tire sizes?
The wheel size are the same as the OEMs.. 22â€￾x10" Liquid Metal six spoke wheels and the tires are the same Scorpion Pirellis.

Borden3srt said:
if i give ya 10 bucks, would you do mine???:D
I had a great time doing it so I wouldn’t mind doing yours as well..:D

Headers and cat delete will be done when I return from overseas at the end of June. I didn't want to do all at once. That'll take the fun out of it. Bessides, I still have to install new tires this week and gauges from Stinker hopefully next week.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back